Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anchac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 06:55 AM
    I was born in georgetown guyana.my dad departed yo canada since I was a 4 year old kid,I suffered since because dad never sent one sent to my grandma (his mom to support me)AS A RESULT I WAS PHYSICALLY,PHYCHOLOGICALLY,SEXUALLY AND MORE,abused as a result of dads absence and lck of responsabliity as a father.

Dad only wrote sending pics of his new model cars but no financial support.

Today I am still suffering traumas due to my dads attitude.I am now 41 and strongly feel that dad shouls repay me 4 to 18 years of neglegence.

How can I process this legal matter?

How to sue father for 13 years of financial suppurt from 4 to 18 years.I am now 41 and think its necessary because to dad he still refusses to help when I really need him.

Can I claim my fathers estate and fincial rights since he never took care of me from 4 to 18? I am 40
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Where are you located? Everything depends on that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Frankly, I think you are have a pipe dream here. Many, many people have been abandoned by their fathers and have lived through it and moved on. The odds od successfully suing him are slim to none.

If you can prove the biolgocal relationship, then you may have a claim on the estate unless he specifically excludes you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a claim to my bio-fathers estate? [ 11 Answers ]

I am age 60. I live in CA. I have a half brother who also lives in CA, we share the same Bio. Father but not the same mother. I found out about my half brother about ten years ago when our father past away. I never knew our father as he and my mother divorced at my age 5. Our father never called...

Fathers child support too high? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has been paying child support without complaint for 5yrs now. When the amount was set in court, he was unavailable to be there. I feel that the amount set was a bit inflated due to his absence. He pays the monthly amount and then on top of that amount, he pays 1/2 of her day care and 1/2...

Child support right for fathers! [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way that I can find out how to lower my child support. They take half of my check for child support and I am now married with a baby on the way and can't afford to take care of my wife or new child because Im never left with any money. If they wouldn't take so much from my checks, I...

Relinkqushing fathers rights and child support [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas.Is there a legal form for relinkquishing fatthers rights and child support?

Is my sister my fathers child? [ 9 Answers ]

I guess what I really need is someone who can contact my father. His name is Bill, he died in 92. Last year, someone contacted me to tell me that she is my sister. My mother's child, she was given up for adoption when I was 5 years old. I don't know why I don't remember any of this. My...

View more questions Search