Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frogger78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2006, 02:19 PM
    Access TransferText Issue
    I am using the transfertext action in a macro to export a query to a text file on the network. It works when the text file on the network does not exist, however, when I try to run it when the text file is there... it won't replace it. Instead it gives me "Can't Update. Database Oject is Read-Only" error. The text file on the network is not a read-only file. Any ideas on why this isn't just replacing that existing text file?

Thanks!
    gn18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2006, 01:51 PM
    This isn't an answer as much as a call for help. I, too, am trying to use the TransferText in Access and also keep getting the message "Can't Update. Database Oject is Read-Only." However, in my case, the text file doesn't exist anywhere yet. My query is very simple so I cannot understand this error.
    Sidmonster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Check your file extension... I just had this same issue and it turns out that unrecognized file extensions will cause this. In my case, the file extension was typo'd! Had an extraneous space after .txt (so .txt(space)) Removed space and all is well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sign-in issue [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this would go here, so patience is appreciated. My sister-in-law is having problems signing in to messengers and the like. I looked up possible resolutions and found one, but I have been unable to get it going. The resolution was to re-register a series of .dll files, which I did,...

Cd Rom Drive Issue In Win Xp Pro [ 3 Answers ]

I am having problems with Windows XP Pro and CD and or DVD Rom Drives on IDE. I keep getting "Code 37" Windows cannot initialize device driver for this hardware. In I have tried to troubleshoot via Windows (useless!) I have tried several registry cleaners. No help. Of course I can'r re-install the...

Can't access pop3, Pop3 access not working from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP SP 2 - Its been about a week since any of my pop3 accounts have worked (Gawab, Gmail, Spymac, Toughguy). The error messages I am receiving on all of my pop3 accounts are similar to : The host 'pop.gawab.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...

Is this a issue ? [ 7 Answers ]

PC : XP Pro Service pack 2 --------------------------- Start/Run <typed>MSCONFIG Looked in: Win.Ini Programs It shows: ;msconfig Luke.exe=C:\storage\calarkconnect iso\clarkconnect-2.1iso

Sql 2000 sp3 issue [ 0 Answers ]

REWARD: $40.00 to anyone who can solve this. Microsoft is having difficulty with the resolution!!! The Problem... :-/ The problem experienced when we upgraded to SQL Server 2000 and is isolated to a very obscure set of circumstances.  When a nested recordset is created using the same table in...

View more questions Search