Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LollipopNutmeg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 05:47 AM
    I really want mine doing but I gave to be onest I really cnt handle pain at all but I really want it done is it going to hurt like loads?
    LollipopNutmeg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 05:48 AM
    Comment on LollipopNutmeg's post
    I meant have
    alyssia14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 09:20 PM
    I want to get mine donee so bad and my mom says yess and my uncle does tattos and percings butt my dad said I can't ughhh still working on it wish me luck;)
    becccccka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 07:28 AM
    I really want my tragus peirced!
    I'm really scared it is going to hurt, do you think I should use numbing cream?
    nevenaap Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 02:42 PM
    i have aa question:
    how big does the tragus size need to be? and what is the minimum age to be to have to done without aa parent? im 13 and really want it done.
    please help(a)?
    courtneydavison Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 08:04 PM
    I'm getting mine done this week I'm only 13 I'm scared dose it hurt,
    Will I be okay what's the pain like someone please tell me before Friday thanks..
    laura.elliot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 01:43 PM
    Hey, I'm under 18 and I was able to get my tragus pierced. They do pierce the tragus with a needle, there fore, you may encounter a little pain. I found mine did hurt a little, but was with standable, and it was more of an ache in the jaw line. It only gets infected, if you do not look after it correctly. I clean mine around 1-2 times a day, and sometimes not at all, I would recommend it as they look real cute.
    me10195 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 05:08 PM
    I got my cartliege done with a gun at walmart. And its fine. Got it done like 2 years ago. And I want to get mine done too. Lol.
    heybabey11111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 11, 2011, 04:18 AM
    It hurts a lot! Good Luck
    KateLoz. Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2011, 04:56 PM
    I had mine done yesterday it was a rush moment as I was scared even though I've had my ear pierced and belly done all fine!-touch wood- I had mine done with a needle which is always best I wanted a gun but they've stopped with it now. All they do is measure,clamp,pierce,add'jewellery! Listening to the pain of someone else doesn't matter it depends on yourself how well you take pain/needles. Im slightly scared but I can take it but mine did hurt more than my belly but that wasn't bad 'for me' so if you want it get it, as it might not be painful for you hope I helped on the tragus!(mine was done at a piercing/tattoo place.

May 6, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Comment on KateLoz.'s post
    I'm also 13 so I went with my mum they just have to sign. Gauge-1.2mm and the jewellery 8mm. And I have some cream off the piercer to besafe for £2 sea salt also works:)

May 6, 2011, 05:02 PM
    Comment on nevenaap's post
    My form says- gauge-1.2mm and jewellry-8mm;xxx
    abbie16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2011, 12:14 PM
    I'm on about having it done but I'm scared its going to hurt I have my belly button done and my ears what's the rating of the pain?
    greatgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 10:30 AM
    I'm sixteen and have wanted my tragus done since I was 14 but was really scared and nervous to actually get it done. I'm really glad I have as I love the piercing! If I'm honest it did hurt but a needle through your cartilage is going too just make sure your brave and definitely want it done, it is really worth it in the end. I went to get my tragus done wanting to get the bar and not the hoop/ring in my ear as I really didn't like the hoop/ring. But unfortunately I was advised that the hoop/ring would be the best to have to reduce infection and be easier for the piercing to heal. If I'm honest the hoop really isn't that bad! Don't listen to anyone that says it's worse for the piercing as I had my piercing done 4 days ago and the pain has gone down so much and its super easy to clean. The hoop's better as you can clean the hoop and twist the hoop in your tragus to get the solution inside to clean it, mine feels so much better already and I'll be able to change it in 3 weeks time to a bar if I wish. Definatley use 2-3 crystals of rock salt 9don't exceed this as it hurts the piercing and does more good than bad) and boiled water as this has been so helpful and feels good on the sore piercing. The first couple of cleans do hurt and it does bleed but after 2/3 days the pain is gone and the bleeding has stopped. Also make sure you put it under the shower head for a bit as this seemed to help mine calm down. Make sure you don't sleep on it for a couple of weeks as it will be very tender, don't get your hair in it as this aggravates it and makes it sore and pro-longs healing and try not to fiddle with the piercing as this can give infection and make it sore. DO NOT GET IT DONE WITH A GUN as this shatters the cartlige and is illegal to do so but some piercers still do this! If you really want the piercing get it because it's worth it! I love mine and can't wait to get more bars and change it!
    cheeseman96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2011, 07:00 AM
    I really want it done but I am scared that it's going to hurt,
    I am quite scared about the needle-
    I have been watching many video's on youtube,
    most of my friends have it done and they are only 14-15, but they needed a parent to come with them to be able to get it done.
    They usually get it done at my local place- Bananas in Basildon, England- Essex.
    Usually costs about £30-35 I got told.
    Really want it done I'm just scared about the needle.

How long does the needle usually stay in there for?
    can you feel the blood going into you ear?
    is it uncomfterble?
    cheeseman96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2011, 07:03 AM
    Everyone is different to be honest,
    You can't really ask this question?
    It depends on how much pain YOU can take and how much YOU think needles hurt.

If you don't like needles and won't be able to have the courage then don't get it done?
    If you do have the courage and ask people if it hurts and they say yes, that's going to put you off?
    Don't listen to them..

Think about yourself and how much pain YOU can take.
    _kaylaa_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2011, 01:05 PM
    I want to get mine done and I've watched the videos and it looks like it hurts really bad so.. I'm not sure anymore and like 1 person is saying 1 thing and another person is saying another thing.. oh and how do I convince my parents to let me get it done answering both questions would really HELP so PLEASE HELP! (; thanks~
    By the way I'm 14
    kkent879 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 01:38 PM
    I have 18 piercings (5 in each lobe, 2 on both cartilage, my nose, bellybutton, tongue and recently my tragus.) I am also 18 and I would to say a tragus piercings feel just like a cartilage piercing (duh because your tragus is cartilage) But it wasn't painful and if you can handle a regular cartilage piercing you can handle a tragus piercing. It takes for time to heal and take care of it. Make sure you are using saline rinses with non iodized sea salt (yes there is a difference between iodized and non iodized salt. Iodize slows down the healing process. Make sure it is down with a needle, if it is not get your butt out of that shop.
    Krivv007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2011, 10:35 AM
    I had mine done about a 3 weeks ago! I have both sides pierced. I recommend getting it done with a needle though it's a longer process it's better. I'll admit the first one on my right side hurt like crazy but after I knew how the process was going to go the second one was quick and less painful. There are no bumps on the tragus, I have my upper cartilage pierced and that had a bump so I know what your talking about. With time that one did go away. And you don't have to be 18, just have a parent sign for you at the tattoo parlor.
    aliceabbie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
    I'm really scared about getting my tragus pierced but all you people have reassured me thank you! Xxxx(:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tragus piercing [ 6 Answers ]

This is my second time having my tragus' pierced. The first time I had to take them out because of (what I believed to be) an allergic reaction. I've had them done now for almost a month... they no longer hurt but on my right ear I have (what I believe to be) a keloid. Its very small and I've read...

Tragus Piercing! [ 21 Answers ]

I really want to get my tragus pierced, I have had both lobes pierced once and my belly. People say that the belly button hurts but mine didn't does any one know how the tragus is going to compare?? So how exactly do they pierce it iv'e herd you should deffinatly get it pierced with a needle not...

Tragus piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I really want to get my tragus pierced, and I was wanting to know if it is very different than having your cartiledge pierced. Is it any harder to take care of?

Tragus piercing-scarring or infected? [ 4 Answers ]

K, so I posted a question last week about my tragus piercing having hypertrophic scarring. I've cut back to cleaning 3x a day, I don't mess with it much, and I don't sleep on it or anything either. However in the last week it's gotten worse and I'm beginning to think it's infected. So yeah, I'm...

View more questions Search