Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlyjefferis Posts: 95, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2008, 11:33 PM
    Positive test couple of weeks pregnant
    I'm nearly 2 weeks late and was scared todo a pregnancy test due to what happened last time with my mum! I took a test this morning andit came back positive!! I sooo excited but sooo nervous about telling my mum, my boyfriends family will be over the moon though!!
    My boyfriend is sooo happy to, I think I'm only a couple of weeks though, I will get it comfirmed by my doctor but it wouldn't show positive if I wasn't though would it?

Just thought id let everyone know

X
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 27, 2008, 02:09 AM
    Hello charlyjefferis

Congrats ! But just wait a week...

Either visit your doctor to check or do a second test one week later. If that one is also positive, it's time to "spread the word" to everyone!!

:>)

Aug 27, 2008, 02:22 AM
    Thank you foryour advice, I'm so excited all I have ever wanted isto bea mum! I just have that feeling that I new I was before I took the test
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 03:05 AM
    Congrats... :)

Aug 27, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Thank you!! Is it unheard of to get a false positive?

Aug 27, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Just I'm so exicited I am going to the docs tomoz so fingers crossed
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 03:20 AM
    False positives come about in only a few ways... if you have been using some types of fertility meds, the test being faulty, a pregnancy that shows up positive and later becomes negative due to a very early loss... (of course this would not be an actual false positive), or reading the results outside of the time given by the test for accuracy.
    Good luck tomorrow!

Aug 27, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Ahh OK well I haven't been having any fertility treatment and you have to have the pregnancy hormone inur body for it to read positive don't u? Thank you illlet you allknow how it goes
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 27, 2008, 04:40 AM
    Congratulations charly,don't worry about telling your mum I know it can be scary I waited weeks before telling mine even then I had to go out and get a bunch of flowers and chocs to soften the blow lol.my mum was over the moon though.good luck x

Aug 27, 2008, 04:48 AM
    Ahh thank you hun!! I'm sure it will be a shock for her but hopefully she will come to terms with it, wouldn't want to think she would give up the chance to be a grandma
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 27, 2008, 04:50 AM
    Most mothers are shocked at first but as soon as the child is here it's a different story I can assure you.good luck let us know how it goes x

Aug 27, 2008, 04:55 AM
    I will when I have the guts to tell her! My boyfriends family are over the moon just my mums difficult! Guess it's a mum thing!

Sep 8, 2008, 01:44 AM
    Just thought id let everyone know that I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have my first scan in a coupleofweeks thank you all for your help
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Congrats again! How did it go with your mom?

Oops... just read on your other post that you have told her... glad it went well... :)

Sep 8, 2008, 02:27 AM
    Thank you, she was happy but in shock to she just needed a little time to herself then she was fine, I haven't had the besst start to pregnancy though was sick and caught aviral infection that doc said couldn't harm baby but am worrid, found out that had heart burn and indesigon as felt better when I burped!! As had a horrible sicky feeling in my chest. Also been feeling really tierd where I have to have an afternoon nap everyday, is this normal? I was signed off work for a week but don't know how ill cope when I go back
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Very normal to feel tired in the early weeks. It can be surprising to have so many different changes going on when the baby weighs barely a gram. Rest when you can, sneak in naps here and there, go to bed earlier, catch up on the weekends. It does get better after the first few months for most women.

Sep 8, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Ahh that's OK then I do go to bed early by like 9am in shattered! But don't seem to sleep well at night

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

Positive home test,inconclusive docs test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, can anyone tell me if this has happened to them, I've already had a miscarriage and a stillbirth so I'm very worried, I done a home pregnancy test and it came back posative, 2 days later I handed a sample of urine into the docs, theyphoned me to say I would need to hand in another in 7...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint...

Anger issues and 24 weeks pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My husband sat me down the other night and told me that I needed to fix a couple of things. He said that he was worried because I have been so angry lately. I don't know if this is happening because I am pregnant (but I am assuming). When we get in the smallest argument I fly off the handle. I...

View more questions Search