Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smarties892 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Will it be different in high school?
    In the past years in elementry school I haven't had the best of luck in being someone that people liked, because I have been bully'd a lot like got callled fat and that, and now people say it will be different in high school...
    But will it be different because I don't want to go through another 4 years being made funn of because I'm not the skinny'ist or prettyest?? :confused:
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Aug 26, 2008, 10:36 PM
    I had the same thing in elementary school and middle school. Don't worry people will grow up. I'm sure you've heard it before, but people that put other people down just want to make themselves feel better. They feel just like us. Just cause they act like they've got it together doesn't mean they do. I'm not going to say it's not going to happen, but it will happen less. Mostly just your freshman year. By my senior year we all were cool with each other, or at least respected each other. Don't let what they say get to you. Hold your head up high and forget them. It's pathetic that they have to put other people down to hold their confidence.

Ok... this is what I do, it's weird but it helps. Whenever I'm feeling really overwhelmed or depressed, I take what I'm worrying about and turn it around. Like if I'm worrying about being fat. I just say to myself something like- I'm working towards being healthier, I like how I look, what's wrong with curves, if people can't get past how I look to get to know me, they aren't worth my time anyway, people LOVE confidence, I don't need a killer body, I need confidence. And I just sit there and focus on the positive and relax. And I feel better!
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 10:50 PM
    If it's high school and not middle school,it will likely get better. If it's middle school, it may be awful. If so, ask you parents to let you go to a local junior college for middle school, especially if you are bright and self motivated.

If it's high school, join some groups that do something interesting so you'll have some friends and people you know. It helps a lot.

And start getting regular exercise. You'll feel better and look better too.
    Sarrahhbabe Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 12, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Sweetie, I'm sorry to say it is in some ways. Some people might say it to your face, some might say it behind your back. It's best to surround yourself with people who keep you happy and accept you for who you are. Be yourself cause the people who mind don't matter. And the people who matter don't mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In high school Thinking about things to do After high school. [ 18 Answers ]

Im In Grade 11 and I don't know what I want too do when I get out of High school So I started looking into it and I want to do something that I would be passionate about Anyone know any good Websites or any Info for someone who Doesn't Know what too do yet with there life??

8th to high school [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I am latino in Phonix Arzonia and drop out from the 8th grade and needed one more month to go to high school can I still go to high school? And I am about to be 16

Going back to high school [ 1 Answers ]

Wasup,my name is jason and I droped out of high school at the begging of my softmore year.Now summer has arrive & I'm thinking over my plan for what I'm going to do next year.I was talking to some of my friend and they said I should go back.I failed every class my freshmen year so if I went back I...

First high school drama [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys.. I've got something on my mind that I've wanted to fix for a week now. So about a week ago my high school team had a track meet and we all had to stay in a hotel. I was in my hotel room with my roommates when I wanted to go on a walk with this boy. I texted him and he told me to meet me...

Would a senior guy in high school go out with a sophomore girl in high school? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a sophomore in high school and I like this senior guy in my school. Last year I went out with this guy who was my age and he was way to imature for me, and wasn't looking for a real relationship, it somethimes seemed to be a friends with benefits thing then a relationship, all he ever wanted...

View more questions Search