Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Intiminator99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Agitates but won't spin
    I have a kenmore stackable washer/dryer that somebody gave to me. I have no history of this machine. The dryer works great. The washer works in all respects but does not spin on spin cycle. Water drains by the pump but tub never spins. Please help. Thanks
    DRAGSTER Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 12:16 PM
    :cool: hey friend, I have a Kenmore stacked unit that's 11yrs old & it quit washing on the regular & perm/press cycles the other day & the timer("the push/pull rotary switch"), for the wash cycles controls that function on my washer. I called the appliance store 2 order 1 & the guy that answered the phone confirmed what I was thinking about the problem with mine. The timer has 2 advance to the wash & spin cycles & the contacts inside the timer may have worn out like mine. My timer works okay in the delicate cycle though!(probably cause we never used it that often)... hope this helps you get it going again. Like me, you may have 2 order the part & wait a week but its worth it if you can fix it yourself! I've never called a repair man 2 come & fix mine because I bought new n 97' & the owners manual that came w/it has been very helpful & saved me some bucks!

O by the way, an empty egg carton is a great thing 2 put all the different little screws n & keep the 1's u need 2 keep together or separate and the order that you remove them...

Get your tools ready & have fun... :D

Dragster*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire washer agitates but won't spin [ 8 Answers ]

Model # FWS445RFS2 My washer will wash but will not spin. The tub will not turn by hand at all. I have checked the switch and the belt and they seem fine. Also, before this started I notice the clothes were more damp than usually in the bottom of the tub. I heard a loud clanking like metal...

Roper Washer Agitates but won't drain or spin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Roper RAX7245AW washer that was purchased in 1994. It agitates normally, but when it comes to the end of the agitation cycle, it stops. The motor does not run, it doesn't pump the water out and it does not spin. I checked the door switch and it works fine. ? How should I go...

Whirlpool washer agitates but will not spin! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool washing machine Model LSR8244EQ1 Heave Duty Super Capacity Plus Imperial 8 cycle / 2 speed The washer fills and agitates but when it comes time to spin, it does not spin. I checked to make sure no clothes were wrapped around the agitator but the agitator moves freely. I...

Ge washer agitates, does not spin [ 5 Answers ]

I have ge washer (wjsr2080t) that agitates fine, but does not spin. I have a feeling it's the water level control as when I remove the air tube from it and restart the spin cycle, it spins like a champ. Just seems odd that this would control spin. But this is a 10 yr old GE that has had so...

View more questions Search