Ask
    RemyGoof Posts: 16, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 26, 2008, 06:20 PM
    My morning
    Ok, so I wake up,
    And, not refreshed
    Because…
    I have a cat attacking, clawing and biting at my feet.
    Did I mention I have Regional Sympathic Dystrophy Syndrome in my feet and ankles?
    Well, this cats playing with my foot like a dead rat or something send me through the ceiling, literally. I have to get a plasterer out to remove my face imprint from the ceiling.
    So, I finally fall back to sleep just as the sun peeks its perky lil’ head over th horizon and what happens next?
    My Welsh Corgi decides I would make a great pillow, jumps up on my, claws around at the blankets to make it comfy for him and falls asleep.
    So, I have a cat attacking my feet and a dog asleep on my back (did I mention all of a sudden I have to pee?)
    The Corgi won’t move and I can’t reach him physically; meanwhile the cat has nested between my ankles and gone to sleep as well, leaving me pinned under the blanket.
    I say OK, I am a big girl, I can wait and fall back to sleep only to be re-wakened by the Corgi who all of a sudden decided he wants to go outside and is clawing at my head and stuffing his face in my face. The cat is MIA.
    I untangle myself from the blankets after the dog has done a 5 point swan dive off my head and open the door, the corgi and cat run outside, I retreat back to bed.
    But of course, I no longer can sleep as the sun is beaming right into my eyes and burning my retinas through my eyelids.
    I stumble toward kitchen for a cup of coffee and see the couch cover all bundled on the floor. Strange I think to myself, it was not like that last night and I go to it, pick it up, give it a shake and start to stumble off to the kitchen when all of a sudden, I step in something squishy… twice…
    Yep, the cat took a dump in the couch cover and buried it in such, lucky me found out the hard way.
    I head to the bathroom to clean my feet and shower and sanitize only to discover, no hot water; the kids used it all and oh, mom by the way, the propane tank is empty….
    As I am washing my feet in ice cold water, the darn cat runs back into the house and into the bathroom, and jumps into my lap dragging a bloody yet still live ground squirrel in his mouth and the cat is purring proudly.
    The corgi, well it seems he finally found the two year old egg nest from my sisters long gone goose and yes, he broke one, or more, stinky old eggs open and rolled in it as so that his entire body was covered in the goo and came running back into the house, rubbing against me and the walls and the carpet, so proud of his new odor. I vomited twice while bathing him; the smell was that bad…. In the background, over the running water and stench I hear my son Kyle Calling out “MOM! The DSL is not working! AGAIN!”
    At this point, I no longer need coffee COS I AM WIDE AWAKE!
    So, that was my morning; how was yours?

(Question is, how long will it take.. I am timing this. yes, though true, it is also a test for a certain someone to find....)
    iLuvRatatouille Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 08:40 PM
    HA! That was a hearty laugh!

I CAN SEE IT ALL HAPPENING AS IF I WAS THERE!

Some comedian WILL steal this and use it in there routime someday, mark my word...

It would be great to have a cool and funny mom like you, regardless to your RSD (which I sympathize with)

I bet your kids laugh a lot!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 06:09 PM
    I've had mornings similar to that but not quite as much fun as yours. Ever have a baby roll onto your face with a full didee while you are asleep as they had insisted they just had to sleep with mommy? No, aw you're truly missing one of life's sweet mysteries.

Aug 28, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Oh Twinkie, that would be such the start of a bad day... I feel for you! Remy said she had kids, who knows... but I think what happened to you has to be a first. ;)
    RemyGoof Posts: 16, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 29, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    I've had mornings similar to that but not quite as much fun as yours. Ever have a baby roll onto your face with a full didee while you are asleep as they had insisted they just had to sleep with mommy? No, aw you're truly missing one of life's sweet mysteries.
    Oh, I empathize as I was a mommy who insisted both her babies nest. I woke on more than one occasion to a full diedee and its outflow all over my bed, pillows, face, hair, but that was many years ago. Now luckily since teenagers no longer do that to me... hahahhaah
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Been there, yup, I think we all have.

I have two dogs that use me as a pillow, luckily I don't have a cat. The bird always squawks at the top of her lungs as soon as I wake up, and the coffee is never done, even though I always set the timer the night before, I've never gotten it right.

I then get to wake up grumpy and princess to get them ready for school, I'd rather pull my hair out one at a time, it would be less painful. :(

There's always a last minute thing that they have to have and have to get as they're putting on their shoes and we're already late for the bus. Grrrrrrr.

When I finally get them off to school and think that I have a bit of time to myself, drink coffee, relax, I find out that one of the dogs vomitted in the laundry basket which just happens to be full of the clothes I washed last night. I also find out that the jam sandwich my daughter insisted on was knocked off the table and landed on the floor, jam side down. :(

At this point the bird starts squawking again and when I yell "be quiet" she takes it as a challenge to squawk louder, really?

After I put the puked on clothes back in the wash I head upstairs and feel something squishy beneath my feet, crap, I forgot to let my dogs out and now it's too late.

While in the shower washing my feet my husband comes in to use the bathroom and flushes the toilet, the water turns ice cold. I vow revenge, grit my teeth and keep washing.

I get out of the shower with my teeth chattering, go to put on my robe and find out that one of the dogs has peed on it, darnit, I still haven't let them out, what's wrong with me?

At this point I give up and crawl back in to bed, staying up is too dangerous. ;)

Sep 8, 2008, 06:35 PM
    LOL Altenweg!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iLuvRatatouille
    LOL Altenweg!
    Sad thing is it's true. :p :D :eek:
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 07:51 PM
    LOL! Life can be such a comedy of errors. Just as you can begin to laugh at it, your own bladder decides to get in on the action.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Morning after pill [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so I started showing signs that might mean that I'm pregnant and the last time I had sex was about four days ago.. should I take the morning after pill if I'm showing signs?

Evening or morning? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been trying to lose weight for about 3 months now and haven't seen any improvement. If at all, I feel like I have gained. I only eat around once a day and snack through out the day. I have cut out cokes,and tea. I was a big tea drinker. Anyway, I still have to have some kind of caffeine...

View more questions Search