Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perplexedpat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
    How would I hold mortgage on income property
    I own a 2 family house.I have an interested buyer and would like to hold the mortgage.. Is this a good idea? I know that it would be set up with an attorney,but what stipulations should I have.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 06:40 PM
    There are many of them. Often times, an attorney uses a checklist that will indicate clauses on behalf of the purchaser, and clauses that favor the lender. Be as certain as you can to use a lawyer experienced in real estate transactions. You may need to consult a CPA as well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 06:45 PM
    If you are willing to take the risk, to get the interest, and are willing to foreclose is you have to, with the possibility of serious damage to home.
    And of course you take the risk that they let the insurance laspe and it may burn down ( risks the bank aways takes)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage and property taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks for the quick responses to my questions I now have a few more questions. 1. Can I also claim my step son as a dependent and apply for a ss card for him? 2. We have property in Jamaica a House that we pay property tax on and land that we are paying a mortgage as well as property taxes on: ...

Can they hold income tax returns for past due child support? [ 7 Answers ]

I am going back to court again for past due child support. My ex has been delinquent on payments since 2005 . My ex also owes retro active support. An income deduction order is in effect, though he switched jobs two weeks after it was enforced with his employer in 2005. The state has already put a...

I want to finance a property that can't get a mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

It's a simple cottage in a flood plain. The flood plain part doesn't bother me because I know both the land and the water in question. I also know better than to keep anything of any worth in such a home. I can easily afford monthly payments, but the property won't qualify for a mortgage, and my ex...

2nd mortgage on Rental Property Possible? [ 9 Answers ]

I have two rental properties- one is a single family home I have owned for 7 years, the other a building with 4 apartments. I live in the apartment building, had to agree to that for the loan to work, so I ended up renting my previous house (the one I have owned for 7 years). So basically, both...

View more questions Search