Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vduwell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Are xanax and oxycotin screen the same on a UA?
    :eek: Do xanax and oxycotin screen for or in the same characteristics in a UA?
    breezie655 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 06:38 PM
    I am not sure what you are asking in regards to these drugs. If you are asking if they test as the same drug the answer is no. Xanax is a benzodiazapine drug and oxycotin is a opiate drug. There are multi drug panels that can detect both drugs in the system. But if a "opiate" only drug screen is used it will not show the xanax and if a benzodiazapine only screen is used the opiate will not show. Most drug screening companies however use multi panel tests. Employers are also becoming much more aware and many are also either using multi panels or are asking the outside screening companies to do the same. And an fyi, both of these drugs are highly addictive and should not be taken carelessly. The withdraw from any benzo drug is dangerous, at times resulting in seizures if withdraw is not properly conducted with close medical supervision using the appropriate medications to safely and effectively support the person in need. Opiate withdraw is very painful and also should have medical supervision with the use of certain medications to assist in the withdraw process. I would strongly suggest that anyone who is taking either of these drugs, or both, should seek medical consultation and not just abruptly stop these drugs.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2008, 02:30 PM

Nope
    One is a
    Benzo the other is an Opiate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does xanax stay in your urine? [ 27 Answers ]

How long does xanax stay in your urine, and how long does it stay in your blood? Thanks

Are xanax and oxycotin screen the same on a UA? [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: Are xanax and oxycotin screen the same characteristics in a UA?

Addiction to Oxycotin [ 3 Answers ]

How long does Oxycotin stay in your system? Can you do something toalter a drug test?

Is MS Contin the same as Oxycotin? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been prescribed MS Cotin and I want to know if it is the same stuff as OxyCotin.

Xanax detection [ 1 Answers ]

How long will xanax be detectable via ua?

View more questions Search