Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 09:16 PM
    You're a manly man, tough as nails, rugged as a... um... rugged thing, hard as... um... not goint there. ;)

You're still a sweetie though, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone. :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Hee hee thanks alty ;)

Like your new signature BTW!
    Pets Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Thanks M. I figured if Bushg liked what I said so much then I'd share it with everyone. Oh, and the flirt thing, just telling the truth. Sad, but true. ;)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 10:25 PM
    "Warning, major flirt, approach with caution." ;) Alty's Signature.

Finally...some TRUTH in advertising !!
    Pets Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Can't say I'm hiding, that's for sure. ;)

Yup, the truth must come out. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 09:34 AM
    For Chery; Some people take a lifetime to make an impact on someone, and some people are so special,
    they glow, and only need a moment to impact you for the rest of your life. You my dear glow.

Truer words have never been spoken.:)

Okay I stole the words, but they are still true :o
    Pets Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 12:40 PM
    I'm glad you like them Tal. :) Steal away. :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Here's your song of the day Momma C. You said you liked Kenny G. This a beautiful video too! :) Hope you are feeling well today sweets!

YouTube - Kenny G - What a Wonderful World
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 14, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Wow, I just go to visit my grandson over the weekend, and look at all the sweet posts I missed! You guys and gals are really something.

Here's an update on the Postcards..

Got another one from Stringer and one from Albear Saturday morning before I left, but did not have internet connection since then. Thanks again, I really love this gesture a whole bunch! I showed them to Jaime and she's just as tickled as I am to see all the places on the cards that are yet to come. She and Alex really liked the song, Stringer, and I am holding on to all the cards and passing them on to Jaime until Alex is old enough to understand that they are not to be torn up... just to look at.

The deer meat was so tender and delicious.. we ate it with dumplings and red-cabbage. Naturally I made 'real' gravy with it. I really enjoyed making a home-cooked meal from scratch for a change. I thought I lost my touch, but glad I didn't.

So, now that I made it back home after spending a nice weekend - too long on my feet though, so I have to lay down, take meds and sleep. Then, I'll come back and tell you about the new words Alexander learned... one in 'school' in german that his mom is not too happy about, but I don't think he really knows what it means. His middle-ear infection is getting better since he's on antibiotics, poor baby wanted to go play in the rain, but still had fever, so I did my best to keep him busy in the house - wore me out, but wonderful!

TTFN,

LOVE AND HUGS,
    Chery

Alty, what is Kanga Mail? It sounds exotic..
    Friend... you can be rugged and tough - and still sweet - take it from Momma C.
    Tal,. You all light up my life too and I got the message, dear. Thanks.
    Starby, going to listen to the song in the morning when I'm not so crispy so that I can really enjoy it. I just answered a bit of email, so let me know if you got my LONGGGGGG reply to your LONGGGGG reply... C.U. tomorrow.

Larry wants me to turn off PC and let him go night,night on my lap as he was all alone... got to make my four-legged man happy too.
    fwnaklas Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Sep 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Well Mr's Cherry hello from me too... I didn't have the chance to know you personally but from your answers and solutions to many problems at AMHD I realized that you must be a wonderful person...

You know my mom had breast cancer and left me at the age of 2... She went too late at the doctor because she could not believe that after giving birth to me (without being married to my father who was already married) she would leave me alone..

I don't know what an 18 years old boy like me could tell you that would be helpful for you. I just wish you will be as strong as you can and live as less pain as possible.

Starbuck8 told me about you... You know you have great friends here, who love you, and will be here for you as long as you need them.. really sad I did not have a chance to know you better and be a friend of you..

I really wish you all the best I can, Be strong... and if there is anything I could do.. don't hesitate to ask...
    Business Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Hi Chery, I am glad that they are starting to arrive hon... there are a few more coming also.

OK, now it is time to start sending more goodies for you... let me know when you receive the next 4 and then I will send that second "wave."

Stringer
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 14, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Momma C, that was my virtual "Lil bro" who just sent you that great message. He is a wonderful and caring guy! Maybe he could call you Oma C?

Here's your next song, and you probably sung it well when you won the contest my sweets!

... and of course... your daily virtual HUG! Luv you bunches!

YouTube - Billie Holiday - Summertime ( I hope I picked the version you like)

Well and how 'bout one of your other faves... one by Grand Funk... hope you like this one as well! :)

YouTube - Bad Time

(this one is a little old for you little bro, but you might like it) ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fwnaklas
    Well Mr's Cherry hello from me too... I didn't have the chance to know you personally but from your answers and solutions to many problems at AMHD I realized that you must be a wonderful person...

You know my mom had breast cancer and left me at the age of 2... She went too late at the doctor because she could not believe that after giving birth to me (without being married to my father who was already married) she would leave me alone..

I don't know what an 18 years old boy like me could tell you that would be helpful for you. I just wish you will be as strong as you can and live as less pain as possible.

Starbuck8 told me about you... You know you have great friends here, who love you, and will be here for you as long as you need them.. really sad I did not have a chance to know you better and be a friend of you..

I really wish you all the best I can, Be strong... and if there is anything I could do.. don't hesitate to ask...
    Thank you so much for your post, fwnaklas.

For whatever reason you signed onto AMHD, I welcome you to one of the best sites on the internet! This place is like a home away from home, and you've just joined one big family - as I have learned in the years on here. You joined us in July with a Relationship issue and I noticed that you were doing well with the responses you received from other 'family' members - and hope that you don't think I ignored it. It's just that when I see things moving on, there is sometimes no reason for me to interrupt the dialogue already started. And I watched your progress. Now you know that love (as you perceived it then) can hurt too, but we all get over it - and it's OK to hurt, and also remember our past loves. You realized that sometimes, the first real love will NOT be the last real love. You've grown since then, and I hope you stay with us and help others who are in the same 'boat' as you were. As Altenweg said, just keep looking and going forward and don't dwell on the past. Heck, I still remember my first love - and many others after that. That's what makes us emotional human beings and not robots - and we learn a little from each experience - that's what makes us who we are when we 'grow up'.

Starby calls you her Virtual Bro, so that is what I too will call you from now on, if that's OK. You can call me Oma C, which is 'grandma' in german, if you wish. And, dear, there is one thing you can do for me - send me a postcard. You have no idea how much it means to me to check my mailbox and find these wonderful gestures from you all.

Sorry you did not get a chance to know your mom, but I hope you had a chance to enrich the life of a grandmother or aunt, or even adopted mother. I'm sure you filled someone's life with your smiles and hope you got all the warmth and love you deserve while growing up.

Stay with us little 'Bro'. You'll see that it's great to get help growing up in this big 'family'.

Talk to you later.. Oh, and it's Chery - with 1 'r'... I had to be unique from the start and my Dad, who I didn't have for long, gave it to me. It's Cheryon actually, and I shortened it because not too many people pronounced it correctly. But it's the only thing I have left from a father who was not allowed to share my life because my mother threw him out.

Oma C.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 03:03 AM
    After a weekend with my grandson and seeing the new things he has learned within just one week, wow, it brought back memories of my little girl (who is now a wonderful mother). She is so caring and patient that I am so darned proud of her it makes me cry. It frustrates me to know that my time with them is limited because I don't want to miss a thing... that's what makes me so darned mad at my body right now. But I am glad that I get the chance to experience as much as I have and want more...
    Jaime is the most wonderful daughter a mom could ever ask for. Here she was, tired from being up all night with a sick son, shopping, working all week, her partner in school in the States, and she still was able to handle a cranky sick son and a fragile mother who needs help in walking and needs to drag an oxygen unit with her.
    I am so super proud of my daughter and just had to let it out today... Hope you forgive me for being a little maudlin today.

Don't worry, Stringer darling, you know that I will let you all know when I receive mail from you, my wonderful internet family...

Just got this in the email from one of our 'family members' and want to share it with you if she hasn't already..

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING

(A message every adult should read because children
    Are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.)

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my
    First painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately
    Wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
    Stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
    To animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my
    Favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little
    Things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a
    Prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always
    Talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a
    Meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
    Learned that we all have to help take care of each
    Other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of
    Your time and money to help people who had nothing,
    And I learned that those who have something should
    Give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care
    Of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have
    To take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you
    Handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't
    Feel good, and I learned that I would have to be
    Responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come
    From your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
    Hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you
    Cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of
    Life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
    Productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and
    Wanted to say,'Thanks for all the things I saw when
    You thought I wasn't looking.'

Business Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    After a weekend with my grandson and seeing the new things he has learned within just one week, wow, it brought back memories of my little girl (who is now a wonderful mother). She is so caring and patient that I am so darned proud of her it makes me cry. It frustrates me to know that my time with them is limited because I don't want to miss a thing... that's what makes me so darned mad at my body right now. But I am glad that I get the chance to experience as much as I have and want more...
    Jaime is the most wonderful daughter a mom could ever ask for. Here she was, tired from being up all night with a sick son, shopping, working all week, her partner in school in the States, and she still was able to handle a cranky sick son and a fragile mother who needs help in walking and needs to drag an oxygen unit with her.
    I am so super proud of my daughter and just had to let it out today... Hope you forgive me for being a little maudlin today.

Don't worry, Stringer darling, you know that I will let you all know when I receive mail from you, my wonderful internet family...

Just got this in the email from one of our 'family members' and want to share it with you if she hasn't already..

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING

(A message every adult should read because children
    are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.)

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my
    first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately
    wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
    stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
    to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my
    favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little
    things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a
    prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always
    talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a
    meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
    learned that we all have to help take care of each
    other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of
    your time and money to help people who had nothing,
    and I learned that those who have something should
    give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care
    of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have
    to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you
    handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't
    feel good, and I learned that I would have to be
    responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come
    from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
    hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you
    cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of
    life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
    productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and
    wanted to say,'Thanks for all the things I saw when
    you thought I wasn't looking.'

Chery, you are so special.

I thought you may like some more "thoughts;"

A smile is a whisper of a laugh.-A child's definition

Genius is eternal patience.-Michelangelo

Life's most urgent question is: what are you doing for others? -Martin Luther King, Jr.(1929-1968-)

The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it.-John Ruskin

The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it.-John Ruskin

Too much time searching for happiness leaves to little time to recognize it.

It Is Your Heart I See

It is the beauty of your heart I see.
    And there is nothing to compare.
    It is not what I see with my eyes that makes me care,
    But with my soul that makes me feel.
    It is the smile and the softness that radiates from you.
    You cannot fool me for I know it is there.
    I know you,
    But I am not sure where you have been to make you this way.
    You fill the world with your goodness and speak nothing of
    this, but I know!
    It is the soul that makes us who we are and surrounds us with
    the beauty that we have.
    It is deep and it makes the world see us for who we really are.
    It is the tenderness that never fools a child.
    And is the light inside that never ceases.
    :)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Thank you both... Chery and Stringer, those were beautiful!:)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Momma C, that was my virtual "Lil bro" who just sent you that great message. He is a wonderful and caring guy! Maybe he could call you Oma C?

Here's your next song, and you probably sung it well when you won the contest my sweets!!

...and of course....your daily virtual HUG!! Luv ya bunches!!

YouTube - Billie Holiday - Summertime ( I hope I picked the version you like)

Well and how 'bout one of your other faves... one by Grand Funk...hope you like this one as well! :)

YouTube - Bad Time

(this one is a little old for you lil bro, but you might like it) ;)
    Love it. But you know I can't sing like that... My style was almost exactly as this one...

YouTube - Scarlett Johansson - Summertime

My favorite album by Grand Funk was Railroad... too bad I can't play my old LPs anymore. I had the first one from Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow.. Somebody stole it from me. But I still remember all the songs that were on it.

Stringer, that was heartwarming and naturally I passed it on to Jaime because she is all of that and more. So are you, dear. Thank you and tell Marta I said hello for me.

Bless you all for brightening up my day - it got my endorphines working!

Love,
    Chery
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Guess what Starby... I located something I thought I'd never find. I actually had this album and this is the only song that really impressed me at the time,
    If you can get past the first minute and a half, it's pretty ''cool''.

YouTube - Funkadelic - Free your mind

This was during my Jimmy Henricks and Woodstock time - boy the memories are really chucking in on that old music train..
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 12:38 PM
    What I always liked about Grand Funk was their firght against drugs, even in the 70's, and what the doctor said at the beginning of the interview is what is still happening over 30 years later..

YouTube - Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain - MSG 12/23/72

Sometimes I feel that ''I'm getting closer to my home'' too. A spiritual, painless home.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2008, 12:51 PM
    I only remember a few songs from Jefferson Airplane Cher. I remember more when they morphed into Jefferson Starship with Grace Slick. But here's the one that I do know! ;)

YouTube - white rabbit

... and one of the metallica ones that I know. I do know more, but always liked this one the best. I was never a big heavy metal girl, but I like Ozzy! Want to hear some crazy train? LOL!

YouTube - Metallica & Queen - Nothing Else Matters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I buy a Chery car? [ 4 Answers ]

We are looking at buying a new car and have trawled the showrooms lately. We saw a Chery - Chinese car which was very cheap and had all sorts of fancy gizmos: movie screens in rear seats and one at front in the middle (could be a bit dangerous? ); 2.4litre engine; sunroof; blah blah blah. ...

Chery? [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone hear from Chery?? It's been MONTHS!! Can we all try and contact and let her know were thinking about her. I know she's had some stuff going going I nher life.

Sweet sweet blues music [ 19 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Howling Wolf or John Lee Hooker are still alive and if they are, are they still playing

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

View more questions Search