Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alok Prabhat Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Dell support center utility giving errors
    I am an user of dell inspiron 1525 model and from some time my dell support center utility is not working.
    I contacted the dell people and they said to reinstall vista and bring back the system to factory settings. I am not in a position to format the system.

I have done these things:

Reinstalled dell support center from website of dell

Restored default settings for IE

Repair of windows from original dvd.

Help me if you find some solution...

I have attached screen shots.screenshot 1

screenshot 2
    1st one is the shot when I right click the mouse
    2nd one is the shot when I click any of the options.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 12:18 PM
    The screen shots didn't make it to your post.
    You don't really need to use the Dell Support software. It's a utility that lets you know about updates and does *some* troubleshooting. I certainly would not have rebuilt a system just because of that. I usually bookmark the Dell Support page that contains the drivers for my model and check there periodically.

Aug 26, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alok Prabhat
    i am an user of dell inspiron 1525 model and from some time my dell support center utility is not working.
    i contacted the dell people and they said to reinstall vista and bring back the system to factory settings. i am not in a position to format the system.

i have done these things:

reinstalled dell support center from website of dell

restored default settings for IE

repair of windows from original dvd.

help me if you find some solution...

i have attached screen shots.

1st one is the shot when I right click the mouse
    2nd one is the shot when i click any of the options.
    Thanks NeedKarma.

Aug 26, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    The screen shots didn't make it to your post.
    You don't really need to use the Dell Support software. It's a utility that lets you know about updates and does *some* troubleshooting. I certainly would not have rebuilt a system just because of that. I usually bookmark the Dell Support page that contains the drivers for my model and check there periodically.
    Thanks for you help and I think a good suggestion...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support / giving up rights? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 years old, I have a 5 year old daughter, she is raised very well, by myself and my parents. I filed for child support when she was born and never received anything. Now I just want to end everything I started. I don't care about money and I certainly don't need it. I have come a very long...

Giving Up Rights and Child Support [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriends ex-girlfriend is pregnant and she's saying that its his. He believes that it is his. He wants to give up his rights but does not know what the law is in North Dakota. Would he still have to pay child support. We have both heard that he would but have not had any valid sources. I also...

Giving financial support [ 6 Answers ]

Should men who had relations with women for a long period and then got separated give financial support for the woman's children even if the children does not belong to the man?

DELL vga support? [ 3 Answers ]

I am fixing a friends dell computer, he uses the DVI connector in a dual monitor setup. On the back of his Dell, the VGA port had a plastic tab over it. The monitor I use to repair PC's is an old VGA emachine model. I took the plastic tab off the VGA connector on the back of his PC, connected my...

Help & Support Center will not open... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello anyone... For some unknown reason, I cannot open the "Help & Support Center" link found on the Start menu of my XP Home Version. I get an error message as follows: "Windows cannot find 'helpctr.exe'. Make Sure you have typed the name correctly and then try again...." How can I fix...

View more questions Search