Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pendrith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Can't install Skype for Linux on Acer Aspire One 110ab
    Hi there,
    I have just bought the netbook listed above and have tried to install skype for linux. Iwas the asked to input a password with the following text...
    " You are attempting to install "system-install software" more information is needed to do so"
    "Authenticating root"
    I do not have this password and have tried both bios passwords and my current users password to no availl.
    The webcam also appears not to work online but does when I~ test it on the desktop. The O.S isMozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Any help would be great,
    Many thanks
    Darryl Leavy

Check out some similar questions!

Acer Aspire Battery [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Acer Aspire 5517 laptop. Every so often I notice the blue battery status light turns amber although it's continuously plugged in. When I check the charge level in the system tray I see that it's around 97% charged. It continues to charge until fully charged and the amber light returns to...

Downloading Skype & AVG FREE for Linux - Acer Aspire One [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Really hoping someone can help me? Recently got a new Aspire One Netbook laptop with Linux. Seem to be having trouble downloading Skype & AVG Free. Both sets of instructions advise to download file directly, then extract with Xarchiver. However when I do this, the file still won't...

Acer aspire one. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks,first,happy new year to you all!! OK,just got an acer aspire one,what a nightmare! It came with mcafee security,so I got rid of that and installed avast,then the problems came,the thing will not work at all,I've got all my icons on desktop but nothing works,I deleated avast but its...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.