Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james3426 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Judgement on ss
    I am a 74 year old widower.. I borrrowed money against my house to pay dr bills when my wife died... through countrywide.could no longer make payments so got foreclosed and locked out of house.. I now in my checking account with my bank in Michigan have an emergency fund I saved [ from my SS and small retirement ] in case I need it.. can they take money from that account with a judgement for the deliquent payments and properity taxes.. thank you
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2008, 07:40 PM

I believe they cannot take your check, but they can take the monies from the bank as they are no idea where they came from. Remove these funds

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unaware of default judgement /cause of judgement [ 2 Answers ]

A few days ago, my husband was called by a collection agency informing him of a default judgement of over $8,000 which he had no prior knowledge of. The default judgement was 12/2005. He was told that it was for a credit card he had in 1996. He sincerely believes that he was the victim of identity...

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

20 yr old judgement [ 3 Answers ]

What happens to a judgement that is more than 20 years old?

Judgement [ 2 Answers ]

After being awarded my judgement in court, how do I file it against an individuals credit rating? New York State.

View more questions Search