Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Skin Lightening for Pale Skin
    Hi there, I was wondering a few things.

What would happen if someone that is extremely pale used skin lightner? Would it get rid of my redness? Scars? Freckles?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Skin lightener will not get rid of scars, nor redness, although there is medication for rousacea (sp) which is red splotches on the face (Bill Clinton has this condition).

Laser gets rid of scars and constant exfoliation does as well.

As for freckles, no don't think so, they are pretty deeply ingrained in our derma.

However, years ago I used a product called Procelana which was excellent for removing sun spots.
    Vision Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 10:01 AM
    I'm just wondering what it would do. I don't want to get rid of my freckles. I don't have rosecea, but redness from KP. And I've used constant exfoliation all the time. As far as the laser goes, I don't think I am there yet.
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
    If you just want to even out your skin tone I would suggest Porcelana. I was about your age (I assume) when I used it and it did a great job. Was impressed by the product. It went on at night greaseless and made my skin soft and brown spot free (at that time I was constantly in the sun). I guess you could Google it to see if it is still available. I would use it again.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2008, 01:00 PM
    If U Pale And Use Skin Lighteners All U Get Is Burn Or Maybe If U Lucky It Will Even U Out,but As Far As Redness It Won't Help U Get Rid Of It
    Vision Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    If you just want to even out your skin tone I would suggest Porcelana. I was about your age (I assume) when I used it and it did a great job. Was impressed by the product. It went on at night greaseless and made my skin soft and brown spot free (at that time I was constantly in the sun). I guess you could google it to see if it is still available. I would use it again.
    Will this help to fade scars?
    Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 02:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Will this help to fade scars?

No, we already talked about that, in first post. Scars are scars. You said you exfoliated a lot, so that will help over time as well. Have you tried the exfoliation kits?
    Missj28 Posts: 75, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Hi chih, you could try surgical scar revission, or even Mederma, its an over the counter cream for scars.
    Vision Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
    I do exfoliate, and I've tried mederma, trust me, I've tried everything. Over time? SO more time than 18 years? Most of my scars are 18 years old and they are still very visible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have pale skin [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm an indian girl living in europe and my mom is really fair my my dad is quite dark. But I have pale yellow skin and I always look like I'm ill. Is there a solution for this? Thanks so much for your help.

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Lightening my skin with monobenzone has messed my skin up [ 86 Answers ]

I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. Well I'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. Of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. My arms, face, legs, cheast . Is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. And I've been going to dermatologist about it and they say...

Hiar Colour For Pale Skin [ 1 Answers ]

I have naturally dark hair and pale skin with yellow undertones. What henna or hair dye do you recommend for my skin tone so I don't look so pale. I wanted to go lighter if possible not red preferably. Any suggestions of products and colours. Henna or other hair product. Thanks

View more questions Search