Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wgweff13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Hourly over salary
    Can someone in the State of Georgia who is an houry employee be the boss of an salary employee?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Yes, you could have a hourly office manager over a saleman who is salary plus commission.

It normally does not happen, but just because you are a mangage does not mean you have to be salary, this manager may have made an employment contract to be hourly for some reason
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Job hierarchy has nothing to do with pay designation. While its not the usually way of things, one thing has nothing to do with the other.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wgweff13
    Can someone in the State of Georgia who is an houry employee be the boss of an salary employee?

Certainly and also in any State -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

Salary & Hourly [ 1 Answers ]

I currently work for an organization as a salaried employee. They want to hire me for some night hours at a different department. My question is... since I am salary at one job are the hours at the second job eligible for overtime? I will work about 20 hours at the night job. I want to know what is...

Salary Vs. Hourly [ 5 Answers ]

I understand the difference between exempt and non-exempt and how to actually pay them, but are there any legal ramifications for not paying someone that is salary for a sick day if they have exhausted all of their paid time off benefits? Toni Davis [email protected]

View more questions Search