Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tycasd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 07:38 AM
    CVPC Incineration
    Hello,

Here goes my first question -

(1) I would like to know emissions from incineration of CPVC. I have not been able to find scientific papers which specifically discuss this issue.

(2) CPVC can be incinerated in legally permitted sites but information on "legally permitted sites: is also not readily available.

Any assitance will be appreciated.

Regards,
    TYCASD
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Here's a paper:
    ScienceDirect - Talanta : Analysis of thermal decomposition products arising from polyvinyl chloride analogs by supersonic jet/multiphoton ionization/mass spectrometry

Analysis of thermal decomposition products arising from polyvinyl chloride analogs by supersonic jet/multiphoton ionization/mass spectrometry

T. Urabe and T. Imasaka,

Department of Chemical Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University, Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8581, Japan

Received 21 December 1999; revised 11 April 2000; accepted 20 April 2000. Available online 21 August 2000.

Abstract

Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) were thermally decomposed at 200–500°C, and the reaction products measured by supersonic jet/multiphoton ionization/mass spectrometry. No precursor molecules of dioxins, such as chlorobenzene, were observed from PVC, although benzene was produced as one of the major components. On the other hand, a large peak corresponding to chlorobenzene was observed, when CPVC was used as a sample. These results suggest that the release of hydrogen chloride and aromatic ring formation occur efficiently and produce chlorinated aromatic hydrocarbons only when excess chlorine atoms are present in the chain of PVC. This method, which has very high selectivity is preferred for trace analysis of specific compounds such as dioxin precursors in a complex mixture. Isomer-selective analysis, e.g. detection of o-, m-, and p-dichlorobenzenes, is also demonstrated in this study.

Author Keywords: Supersonic jet spectrometry; Multiphoton ionization; Mass spectrometry; Polyvinyl chloride; Polyvinylidene chloride; Pyrolysis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing CVPC - copper [ 3 Answers ]

Can I hook a CVPC female adapter straight to a copper male adapter. Or is there a special fitting I need.

View more questions Search