Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tay2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 07:19 AM
    I have not had a period in almost three months but I am on the depo shot, what's wrong
    I have been on the depo shot for almost 5 years now and I have always had irregular periods every month but now I haven't had an period in three months. I've been feeling really tired lately and moody. I only feel nauseated when I have not ate anything. I have lower back aches and on some days I have really bad cramps in my abdomen but I never start my period. Im concerned because everyone says your period is suppose to stop soon after you start to take depo but never stopped for the past 5 years I've been on it. Could I be pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 03:16 AM
    You could be pregnant, (have you always gotten them on time?) but some women will stop having periods, or they will become irregular, when they are on the injecitons. For some it will happen from the start of using Depo, for others will can happen later on. Would be wise to ask your doctor about a pregnancy test before anymore injections however so you will know for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I be pregnant 2 months after getting off the depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

I got my last depo shot in feb. 07 and didn't return for my May shot because the entire year that I was on the depo I bleed I got a period in June lasted 5 days and I had no regular bleeding for a couple days. The bleeding returned for about 2-3 weeks and stopped a week before I was suppose to get...

1st period after depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to get pregnant after your first period from the depo shot?

What happens if you get the Depo shot before your period [ 1 Answers ]

FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I have been reading that your suppose to get a pregnancy test before your get the depo shot and also your suppose to get it when your on your period or after .I haven't had my period for a month now . Also to make it worse ,:eek: my husband and I had unprotected sex the...

Bleeding 3 months straight after depo shot 4 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

The birth control shot I got was supposed to be good for 3 months. I got it 4 months ago, so I realize it should have worn off by now. Everything was fine for the 1st month, but for the past 3 MONTHS, I my vagina has continually been bleeding. After it had been doing this for 3 weeks I called to...

View more questions Search