Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahiinc Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Fuel door release spring on a Mitsubishi Lancer
    After removing the gas cap a spring loaded clip fell from the hinge of the fuel cover. I have the clip but can't figure out where it goes and how it attaches. I am looking for a detailed picture to reinstall this clip. It looks like a tinnerman clip.
    Steve
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2008, 06:07 AM
    Your best bet is to find some one with the same car as you steve,ask them to have a look at it to help you out of go to a dealership/scrap yard and have a look.
    GWHEELS Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 03:38 AM
    When you open the fuel door the place for the release spring is on the left side and is part of the hinge assemble. You will see a small bulge with a 3/16" hole in the painted hinge. You slide the plastic part of the spring release which has slightly protruding 3/16" boss over the bulge in the hinge. It will lock into place. The part is rather delicate and eventually every lancer owner will need to replace the part.

I bought the spring from a dealership for $1.42. I know, you didn't think there was anything from a dealership parts department for that little of a price.

Nov 20, 2010, 07:02 AM
    Comment on GWHEELS's post
    The spring doesn't slip over the bulge as my instruction indicate, it goes over the flat section forward of that bulge which has the location hole in it. It's really self explanatory once you look in the approximate location.
    Carley53963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 07:58 PM
    My 2003 gas door doesn't open... suggestions?

Apr 6, 2011, 02:06 AM
    Or as it was in my situation; Have someone hold the release lever up while you lift the fuel door out (open). Until I could replace the spring, I did not push the door all the way closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tv commercial song title for the 2008 mitsubishi lancer evolution [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know the song title and artist from the TV commercial for the mitsubishi lancer evolution ? I think the lyric says " you got what I want you are what I need" ?

Mitsubishi Lancer 1998 low mileage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer 1998 1.3 75HP car and recently it started getting very low mileage. When I went to a technical examination of the car where they connected it to the exhaust gases tester, they noticed that the O2 level was very high. Spark plugs have been changed recently. It started...

Mitsubishi lancer [ 3 Answers ]

My lancer 1991 does not start, I changed the battery and the starter but the problem remains Any suggestion?

View more questions Search