Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickeknew Posts: 167, Reputation: 9

Aug 26, 2008, 01:56 AM
    What exactly is sleep
    Wat exactly is sleep? What's makes us fall asleep? What makes us need sleep?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 01:59 AM
    Our body is telling us that it needs to recooperate from the day, and rest up for the next. There's a lot of things that have yet to be determined about sleep. All I know is that its something we all do, and its something that we need to feel refreshed for the next day. So enjoy it!
    nickeknew Posts: 167, Reputation: 9

Aug 26, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Yes but what is going on in your head that puts you to "sleep"
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 02:21 AM
    I found the information on the following site to be particularly helpful concerning the mechanics of sleep. I would have copied and pasted some it here and also given credit to the author, but I think that a full reading of what is on that site would be best.

http://library.thinkquest.org/11189/nfmechanics.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat won't let me sleep [ 6 Answers ]

We adopted a cat 1.5 years old. She sleeps all day and wants me up with her all hours of the night. How can I change her behavior to allowing me to sleep. She scratches the bedroom door if I close it. (which we don't want of course). She is very gentle in waking me by putting her paw on my face...

Dog won't sleep [ 3 Answers ]

I have a standard Poodle who is 11 years old, the last couple nights he will not sleep at all. Walks throughout the night or lays down with eyes open. I'm worried he may be afraid to go to sleep. Has anyone experienced this?

Too much sleep? Bad? [ 6 Answers ]

So I was reading some crazy article online saying, people who sleep large amounts of hour I nthe day shorten their life. This can not be true.. I mean, my friend sleeps the majority of the day (he says he is tired but I know he is just lazy haha) He seems fine to me. Someone help me...

Can't sleep [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so I have a bit of insomnia and I like to read to pass the time... So I usually just look at a magazine before hitting the hay, but I'd rather being reading a good book, so I'm looking for a few good suggestions... Please no horror types or sci-fi. Thanks!:o :o

Where does your dog sleep? [ 7 Answers ]

(Sorry if Im getting annoying with all my questions) However... Just wondering where the dog owners on this site let their dogs sleep during the night time? I can't make up my mind where my 4 month old jack russell cross chihuaha puppy should sleep! Lol Its either by herself in the living...

View more questions Search