Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loneyinthusworl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 01:56 AM
    I have to take a urine test but I smoke weed!
    I just started boxing they need these tests done by doctors to see if I'm healthy enough to box I know its not a drug test but will it show up that I've smoked it? Even if that's not what there looking for?? :confused:
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Aug 26, 2008, 06:17 AM
    If they are not testing directly for it then it will not show up. But you shouldn't be smoking weed regardless. Morely if your boxing do you have any idea what that stuff will do to you? Not just your head but one joint is equal to 1 pack of smokes. Do yourself a favor if you want to continue boxing stop with the drugs. They are SO NOT GOOD FOR YOU.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Aug 26, 2008, 10:24 AM
    I have been reading in my newspaper where a lot of school boards are starting to drug test the kids for after school activities.. I think you should stop all illegal drugs. They will not only hurt your body, but will hurt your chance for doing the things that you enjoy.
    breezie655 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Eventually as an athlete, someone is going to pull a drug screen on you. Pot can show in your system for a long time, some say 30 plus days so if you get pulled for a screen you have a very high probability of testing positive. But, even more insane for you as a boxer, smoking pot slows your reaction times dramatically! I would think that reaction time as a fighter would be of the utmost importance for your career. Wish you the best!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Hello lonely:

In response to the question you asked, no, it won't show up.

In response to the question you DIDN'T ask, the moral advice you received are the personal opinions of the posters, and for the most part, factually incorrect. But, what do you expect from people who live in a country where they think you should be in jail for smoking pot?

excon
    breezie655 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 09:09 AM
    And as you can see EXCON knows plenty about jail, lol. Like it or not, Pot is still illegal in this country. If you want to change it, vote into office those who can change that law. I say legalize it and place high taxes on it then use the tax dollars to fight the hard drugs that are destroying this country!
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Sep 1, 2008, 06:54 AM
    I know that at work or play there may be many times you are asked to take a drug test.
    In order to do some things that you enjoy doing, you may have to stop smoking pot. It has nothing to do if it is harmful or not, there are many thoughts about that. As for now, it is against the law and you will go to jail. I have never been in jail, but I don't think it is a place that I want to become familiar with.
    missingpieces Posts: 70, Reputation: 6

Oct 13, 2008, 04:59 PM

Besides it being against the law and all that, there are a couple very good points about it lowering your reaction time. Not so good when it comes to NOT wanting your to get kicked as a fighter. It will stay in your system for a month, there is no special way out of that. You face the consequences of the decisions you make.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 08:29 PM

Not sure about your high school team, but most professional boxing always includes drug test as part of the phsycial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Smoke Weed Everyday [ 33 Answers ]

Im addicted to pot. I LOVE IT, I have been smoking for over 8 years. I work a full time job and go to school, I'm a functional pot smoker, I'm so high strung that when I come home, I want to relax and smoke. That's my only vice, however I spend over 500 a week on it. Exspensive habit, anyway,...

Urine Test [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it take for hydrocodone to come out of your system? I know someone who is taking a urine test for their job and needs to know how long they stay in your system for.

Trying to get pregnant but I drink and smoke weed a lot. [ 9 Answers ]

I've been trying to get pregnant for the last few months but nothing seems to be happening. I smoke weed and drink a lot could this effect my chances of getting pregnant. I've also been on the pill for about 7years, could being on the pill for a long time take me longer to get pregnant.:confused:...

Smoke test [ 2 Answers ]

In one answer to a question how to find where sewage gas coming from. Some body said need to do a smoke test. Could you please let me know what is a smoke test and how to do it. I need to find where sewage gas come from in my basement? Thanks.

View more questions Search