Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gbrlgmz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 11:50 PM
    low water pressure after water main shut off value was replaced
    I changed the water main shut value and now I have low water pressure, I also made sure that the arrow on the value was going in the direction of the water flow
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 26, 2008, 01:18 AM
    Hello gbrlgmz

Just to make sure : did you check the valve itself before - and did you open the valve completely after - the installation ?

:)
    gbrlgmz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 01:34 AM
    yes I checked the value and saw the stop open and close, I also closed the value and opened it like 20 time lol but I think your right I should just go buy an other one and check it that way
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Aug 26, 2008, 04:59 AM
    Compare the port size on the valves too. The port size is the size of the opening inside of the valve... not the thread size. Some valves are made with a dramatically reduced port. If you can find one, get full port. That means that if you have 3/4 threads, that the valve is 3/4 all of the way through.

It is also possible that when you turned the valve back on that the water coming into the house caused scale and sediment to break loose. That sediment may be blocking your pipes some place or is probably caught in your faucet aerators. Check and clean all of your faucet aerators. If they have scale build up, you can soak them in vinegar for a while.
    Al

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced water heater, no pressure or hot water [ 46 Answers ]

I have just replaced my old water heater, and now I don't have hot water and my kitchen pressure is low, but the bath has good pressure. What could be the problem here? It's a brand new water heater so the elements couldn't have gone out could they?

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Shut water main to house, what happens to hot water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I've seen similar questions but didn't see the exact answer I was looking for. I want to know what happens if I shut off the water to the house and Go on vacation and leave the hot water heater on and then a leak in A hot water faucet develops. Would the heater tank drain, overheat, and Cause...

Where's the main water shut off? [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved into a home built in the 70's and it's not a well. I can't find the water shut off. Any ideas for where to look?

Hot water shut off valve and main water line [ 8 Answers ]

I was in my way to replace faucet for basin, but my local hot water shut off valve is not working. So now I have to shut off water supply from main line. Where would that be? I have old house and my water meter is out side. Also how to change shut off valve?

View more questions Search