Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tigerchris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Sued for CC Debt (Breach of Contract)
    I am being Sued for A CC (FNANB) debt by 3rd Party (Midland Funding). I have no knowledge of ever having this account. I live in Missouri and this account was closed 8/2004 last payment was 12/2003.
    Long Story Short this is the 2nd time Midland Funding is suing me on this account the First Suit was on Account Dismiss by Ct w/o Prejudice in 2007. They are Now Suing me for Breach of Contract on this same alleged debt how do I go about defending myself? Just like the Last time or something Different?
    The Strange thing is that I was Contacted after the Case was Dismissed by a different Firm Say Nelson, Wildlife & Associates, LLC I sent them a Letter Disputing this Debt according to FDCPA they sent me a letter saying they will cease collection efforts until verification of said debt is obtained. I Never received any other letters or correspondence from Midland or said group or any other group. Then come like 3 days ago I was served with a summons for Breach of contract from Midland funding and from there attorneys.

[email protected]
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 26, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Hello tigerchris

Well : go to Court and defend your case !
    Tell the judge about the previous dismissal (bring paperwork), and ask the judge in view of the previous case and lack of any proof for dismissal again. (If possible permanent dismissal)
    Have you already contacted the plaintif and asked for information and available evidence?
    Sure do that before the court session.

Go and see a lawyer or ask advice at the nearest university with a law department. Often they have a free or near-free advice service.

Good luck !

:)
    tigerchris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 04:18 PM
    I am going down tomorrow to file a request for production of documents , and was wondering if I should file a defendants first set of questions? Or should I just do the production of documents and then form my defense based on what they produce?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Breach of contract [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a contract to buy and put up 1000.00 earnest money . I know my cash is gone , but the contractor built a garage because it was stated that we asked for it in the contract which we did , but it has taken a lot longer than expected and the times seem to be getting tougher ,so can we breach...

Did I breach a contract, enough to be sued? [ 2 Answers ]

This may or may not be a tough question... but I'm interested in your input. Here's some background: 1. July 2007 - I signed an offer to purchase with a seller (he was an investor, no lawyer or anyone involved... just your basic offer to purchase). While not in the contract, we agreed I would...

Breach of Contract [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, This is the first time I am posting so please be easy on me. This might be a bit long but I want to paint the full pictures hoping I can get some good advice. I am in a real predicament here as I backed out of a home purchase after I waived all contengencies. Long story...

Breach of Contract [ 2 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am a president of a non-profit Inc. We sold a house for 119,500.00 and received a 350.. 00 for earnest money... Loan is OK, Buyers are not calling nor returning calls, It is apparent that they may be breaching the contract. What should we do, Thank you Derek...

View more questions Search