Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dudley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 12:00 PM
    Power saw burns on wood
    Can anyone tell me how to remove burn marks from a table saw blade from wood? I can't sand very much without damaging the item. Is there solvent, etc. which would take out the burn marks without damaging the wood. Thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Sorry, but no; not in my experience.

In the future, cutting very slowly with a like new blade will avoid the burns.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Apr 26, 2006, 07:59 PM
    Try sharpening or changing to a new blade. Don't cut to slow. The blade rubs against the wood causing burn marks. This happens more w/ harder woods such as oak.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2006, 09:12 PM
    As far as removing the burn marks from the wood, sanding is the only way I know of. And as skiberger said, to prevent this from happening again, get a new blade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting pt wood [ 3 Answers ]

I need to paint a PT wood porch that was previously covered with carpeting. It was never painted, sealed or anything. I primed and painted it last summer, and it peeled off within a couple of months. Help! What can I do? It looks terrible. Thanks! Twocents

How do I troubleshoot a light fixture that burns out bulbs too fast? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've recently run into several cases where a fixture was burning out its bulbs in a matter of weeks, or even days. In one case, I was told that swapping the 60 watt bulb for a 15 watt bulb made it last significantly longer. I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot these cases. Where do...

Wood add-on furnace [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently installed a wood add-on furnace to my oil furnace. The way it works is a trunk line comes from oil furnace plenum(heat) to bottom of wood add-on, then all duct work for house is connected to plenum on wood add-on. The problem I'm having is getting the wiring for wood add-on...

Is there anything for burns? [ 5 Answers ]

I burn myself on a motorcycle on my leg and ankle is there anything for that> and will this leave apermanent scar>? :'(

3-way bulb burns out and trips breaker? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a burnt 3-way bulb fail and trip the breaker? I was away on vacation with a timer on the light in question and when I came home the breaker that powers the circuit was dead and the 3-way bulb was burnt out. I replaced the bulb and all is fine now.

View more questions Search