Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

May 2, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Didn't read much of the replies, but sounds like power supply. My mac went through that... fan burnt out and just kept turning off.

I saw temps for everything else so I assume you weren't taking temps on the supply?
    VulcanRaven Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2006, 12:42 PM
    Not quite sure how to take PSU temperatures.. but I replaced the power supply with a friends to check whether it was the power supply, and since I have switched them, it works fine.

So the power supply is/was faulty, using a 420W atm, going to send this one back to overclockers... thanks a lot for your help...

Another problem was I put too much thermal paste on, so contact to and from the CPU and heatsink wasn't properlyfitted.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 2, 2006, 09:36 PM
    Yea.. too much paste will do more harm than good.. always keep it really thin.. glad to hear no more shutdowns

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC randomly shut down due to thermal problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, My PC will randonly shut down once in a while since few months ago. Recently the situation getting serious. The PC shut down not less than 5 times in 3 days. The PC just shut down without any warning and when I boots it again, the cpu will make some "siren-like" noise for few seconds....

Thermostat resets randomly [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a strange problem with my thermostat. Recently I purchased a Noma programmable thermostat (Mod#52-2558-8) and installed it replacing the existing analog control. Problem is it resets randomly about 1-2 times a day. My setup is (don't laugh) an Olsen gas furnace (Mod#BAS125) which...

PC Reboot Randomly by itself [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Guys, I have a problenm with my machine. I have Asus MotherBoard with P4 1.7 CPU, 1 G DDR Ram , 64 MB All in WOnder ATI Radeon 8500 DV, Audigy Sound blaster Platinum , D Link Fax Modem , USB Hub , DLink Network Card. My Problem is that while working on Windows XP or 2000 Pro , the system will...

Condenser Shuts Off [ 1 Answers ]

Looking through the threads, I haven't found anything quite like what I'm experiencing. So if there's already a post out there on this topic, I apologize. I have a dual zone heat pump system, and both units are approximately 14 years old. On a normal summer day (70s to 80s) my air works fine. ...

Computer Randomly Shutting Off [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I work with computers and networks on a regular basis, so I have a decent idea with what I am doing, but I am no professional. The PC I'm trying to work with randomly shuts down, usually only when in use, not when idle. The machine did have a worm on it, but the hard drive was...

View more questions Search