Ask
    sumfall4romance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Lossing weight
    How do I loss weight in a week?
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Aug 25, 2008, 05:47 PM
    You can lose water weight fast...

New clothes can enhance the way you look and feel even faster. Clothes that fit make me look thinner than clothes that are to tight. Dark colors and verticle stripes help too.

Crash diets can be dangerous and can have long term effects on your body. Eat healthy and excersise but don't push yourself to fast.
    Rozer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sumfall4romance
    how do i loss weight in a week?
    Follow given below steps it definitely help you in losing weight and special request for keeping patience... "Rome was not built in a day"

Effective weight loss = Control Eating habit (Diet) + Exercise + Diet Pills

Control Eating habit

The American Heart Association and the United States Department of Agriculture recommend that you limit your fat intake to no more than 30% of your daily calories. Of that 30%, 10% or less of the fat calories should come from saturated fat.

Adjusting Fat Intake for Weight Loss or Gain
    If you want to lose body fat, limit your intake of high-fat foods. This will not only improve your metabolism, it will allow you more food for your calorie expenditure because fats have more than twice the calories per gram as proteins (which contain 4 calories per gram) and carbohydrates (also 4 calories per gram).

Vitamins
    Vitamins are organic compounds that help maintain normal body functions, such as reproduction, growth and cell repair. Your body can't manufacture vitamins, so you need to obtain them from other sources. Most of the vitamins you need come from the food you eat, except for vitamin D, which your body makes when exposed to sunlight, and K, which is made by the bacteria in your intestines. In addition to their presence in natural foods, vitamins can also be manufactured synthetically. Vitamin supplements may be available in tablet, caplet or liquid form.
    Vitamins : Biotin ,Vitamin A ,Vitamin B1 , Vitamin B2 ,Vitamin B3 ,Vitamin B5 ,Vitamin B6 ,Vitamin B9 ,Vitamin B12 ,Vitamin C ,Vitamin D ,Vitamin E and Vitamin K .

Carbohydrates
    Carbohydrate-rich foods are the primary source of energy for all body functions. Your body breaks down carbohydrates, or carbs, into fuel for use by your cells and muscles - that's why eating a moderate amount of carbohydrates is necessary for most people. There are two types of carbs - sugars and starches. Sugars are simple carbohydrates that can be easily digested by your body and include foods like cake, soda, candy, jellies and fruits. Starches are complex carbohydrates that take longer to be digested and include foods such as breads, grains, pasta, tortillas, noodles, fruits and vegetables.

Fat and Calories
    Fat is the body's major energy storage system. When the energy from the food you eat and drink can't be used by your body, the body may turn it into fat for later use. Your body uses fat from foods for energy, to cushion organs and bones, and to make hormones and regulate blood pressure. Some fat is also necessary to maintain healthy skin, hair and nails, so you shouldn't cut all fat out of your diet. Too much fat can lead to heart disease, obesity, diabetes and many other health problems.

Types of Fats

Not all fats are created equal. Saturated fats, which are generally solid at room temperature, are the least healthy and tend to increase the level of cholesterol in your blood. Foods that contain saturated fat include butter, cheese, some margarines, shortening, tropical oils such as coconut and palm oil and the fats in meat and poultry skin, so you should try to limit your consumption of those oils and foods.

Protein
    Along with carbohydrates and fat, your body needs protein, a nutrient made up of essential and nonessential amino acids, for good health. Your body manufactures 13 nonessential amino acids, which aren't available from food. For the body to process protein properly, the foods that you eat must contain the nine essential amino acids that are available only from dietary sources.
    Protein-Rich Food
    Good low- or nonfat sources of protein include: Beef, poultry, pork and lamb

Fish and shellfish; Dairy products, including cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt and milk ;Eggs, egg whites or egg substitutes; Dry beans, peas, oats and legumes ;Tofu and soy products ;Nuts and seeds

Sugar
    Sugar is a simple carbohydrate. There are two types of sugars - monosaccharides, which include glucose, fructose and galactose, are made of one sugar molecule, and disaccharides are made of two sugar molecules linked together. Disaccharides are formed when monosaccharides combine - for example, when glucose and fructose are combined, they form sucrose, also known as table sugar. Other disaccharides include maltose, dextrose and lactose. When many sugar molecules are linked together, they form a complex carbohydrate, also known as a starch.

Minerals
    Minerals help the body perform numerous functions, such as building strong bones, transmitting nerve impulses, making hormones and maintaining a regular heartbeat. There are two types of minerals - macrominerals and trace minerals. Your body needs larger amounts of macrominerals like calcium, sodium and potassium. Trace minerals, on the other hand, are only needed in small amounts. Common trace minerals include iron, zinc and selenium.

Calcium
    Calcium is an important macromineral that is absolutely necessary for healthy bones and teeth. It helps your heart and nerves function properly and helps your blood to clot.

How Much Calcium Is Enough?

The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for calcium is:

1,000 milligrams a day for women and men ages 19 to 50
    1,200 milligrams a day for men and women age 51 and older
    1,000 milligrams a day for pregnant or breastfeeding women

Good Sources of Calcium :

Milk (low- or non-fat varieties are best if you are watching your fat intake)
    Yogurt
    Cheese
    Green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, broccoli, bok choy, collards and Chinese cabbage
    Tofu
    Canned salmon or any fish with bones
    Calcium-fortified juices
    Too little calcium in the diet can lead to calcium deficiency and osteoporosis, a weakening of the bones that puts people at increased risk for fractures. People with calcium deficiencies may also suffer from dental problems and hypertension.

Iron
    Iron, a trace mineral, prevents anemia and keeps your red blood cells healthy. In fact iron is an essential part of hemoglobin, a part of the red blood cells that carries oxygen throughout your body. You also store iron in your muscle tissues and it's an essential part of many of your body's proteins and enzymes.

How Much Iron Is Enough?

The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for iron is:

10 milligrams a day - Men age 19 and older and women age 51 and older who are not menstruating
    15 milligrams a day - Women age 19 to 50 who are menstruating
    30 milligrams a day - Pregnant women
    15 milligrams a day - Breastfeeding women

Good Sources of Iron:

Animal liver, kidney and heart
    Oysters
    Iron-fortified bread and cereal
    Lean red meat
    Nuts
    Egg yolks
    Dried beans and legumes
    Blackstrap molasses
    Dried fruit
    Dark leafy green vegetables
    Foods cooked in an iron skillet

Potassium
    Potassium, a trace mineral, balances water and acid in the blood and body tissues. Potassium is also important for building muscle and metabolizing protein and carbohydrate.

How Much Potassium Is Enough?
    Although there is no recommended daily allowance (RDA) for potassium, the National Library of Medicine suggests that consuming 2 to 2.5 grams of potassium a day is adequate. Most Americans consume between 2 and 6 grams of potassium each day.

Selenium is also considered an antioxidant, and it may work with other antioxidants such as vitamins C and E to protect the body's cells against free radicals, which can promote the development of cancer and heart disease.

Sodium, a macromineral, is actually necessary to regulate your blood pressure and blood volume. Without sodium, you wouldn't have any blood pressure at all. Sodium occurs naturally in many foods, including vegetables and dairy products. In addition, sodium is in drinking water and in many processed foods and condiments, such as soy sauce, processed meats, and canned soups and vegetables.

Exercise

Always drink water before, during and after your exercise session.
    Make exercising a part of your daily routine. You may want to set a regular time to exercise each day and invite a friend to join you.
    Start gradually, about 5 to 10 minutes at first.
    Increase the amount of exercise each day, up to about 30 to 60 minutes. Breathe deeply and evenly during and between exercises. Don't hold your breath.
    Breathe deeply and evenly during and between exercises. Don't hold your breath. Rest whenever it is necessary.
    Keep a daily written record of your progress.
    Exercise to lively music, TV, or with friends for added enjoyment.
    If you have been participating in vigorous physical activity, it is extremely important not to stop suddenly.Abrupt stopping interferes with the return of the blood to the heart and may result in dizziness or fainting. Simply reduce the intensity of the exercise gradually and end with a few slow stretches from the section on stretching.

WALKING: Walking is a great way for everyone to exercise, from the beginner to the advanced. You can keep it varied by changing the route you take. Walking through parks is also very relaxing and calming. Once your stamina and fitness levels increase, you can start adding hills to your walks for an extra challenge. Brisk walking can burn 297 calories per hour. The minimum daily requirement of exercise to prevent weight gain is 30 minutes a day of walking, or 12 miles a week of walking or running. A study of sedentary, overweight men and women (aged 40-65 years) showed they lost body fat and weight when they walked or ran 12 miles a week during an 8-month study, without changing their diet. A control group of non-exercisers all gained weight and fat during the 8-month study.

BIKING: Riding a bike is great for exercise and confidence. You can start on easy flat surfaces and gradually start adding hills and longer routes. Riding on flat surfaces for an hour can burn up to 441 calories.

JOGGING: Jogging is an activity that you can incorporate into your walking routine, once your fitness and stamina increase, gradually being able to jog for an extended period.

SWIMMING: Swimming is an important life skill and an excellent way to lose weight and increase lung capacity. Beginners can use kickboards to assist and you can also try aqua aerobics as a variation to water exercise. Up to 675 calories can be burned in an hour of swimming.

YOGA: Yoga will stimulate your metabolism, curb appetite cravings, strengthen your body, and increase flexibility. Yoga provides balance for body and mind. If you are lethargic or depressed, it will stimulate you. If you are frenetic or distressed, it will calm you. Yoga is gentle, connects the body to the mind, and is the ideal exercise for weight-loss

KICKBOXING: Kickboxing is now a very popular form of exercise for both men and women. It is a great way to lose weight, increase strength and gain a lot of confidence. Most places offer classes for beginners, so there is no need to feel intimidated.

ROLLER BLADING: Roller Blading is another very popular form of exercise. It gets you outside and in the fresh air and is great for leg muscles and overall fitness. Increases in co ordination and confidence are also a bonus to roller blading.

Diet Pills

If you are overweight or obese, accustomed this added weight puts you at risk for developing abounding diseases, mainly heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and cancer. Losing this weight helps to anticipate and ascendancy these diseases. You can drop weight cautiously and in a fast way with Approved Diet Pills.

Acomplia:Acomplia is also known as rimonabant, which is an anti-obesity drug. Acomplia (rimonabant) is the first in a new class of therapeutic agents which is called Cannabinoid-1 Receptor Blockers (CB1). The drug is used in the treatment of obesity and related conditions.

Xenical:Xenial is a drug which is mainly used for managing obesity in adults and adolescents in people who are 12 years and older. It is also used to reduce the risk of weight regain after previous weight loss. Xenical is also known as gastrointestinal lipase inhibitor. It works by inhibiting the digestion of fats from the diet and should be used with a reduced-calorie diet.

Reductil:An oral prescription medication used for the medical management of obesity, including weight loss and the maintenance of weight loss is what Reductil Meridia is. The drug can only be prescribed by a medical doctor

Hoodia:Hoodia Gordonii has effectively been tested in humans for centuries, and so is likely to have few of the adverse side-effects that are common with other slimming products. Native to the semi-deserts of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Angola, the Hoodia Gordonii is one of 20 Hoodia species. Importantly the Gordonii species is the only one that contains this newly discovered natural appetite suppressant. This appetite suppressant quality was discovered when some South African scientists were testing the Hoodia plant, and discovered a previously unknown molecule which Phytopharm, a UK pharmaceutical giant, dubbed P57. A UK Phase IIa clinical study in 18 obese patients showed that Hoodia Gordonii P57 reduced calorie intake by an average of 1000 calories compared with a placebo. P57 works by replicating the effect glucose has on nerve cells in the brain fooling the body into thinking it is full even when it is not, by the action of this newly uncovered molecule that is almost 10,000 times stronger than glucose.

Alli:Alli is a new over-the-counter weight-loss pill which, predictably enough, has proven to be a massive best-seller from the moment it became available. The drug, manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, reportedly works by blocking the absorption of excess fats by the body. And folks are waddling, not walking, to their local drug stores for a chance to start on the Alli "program. There are many rumors spread that the FDA has decided to allow GlaxoSmithKline's weight-loss drug, "Alli" to be sold OTC (over the counter—without a prescription). After reviewing a study which revealed that Alli is capable of helping people lose 1 pound per month which is a legal drug now.

"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change."
    broncos 152 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Jan 17, 2009, 10:13 PM

Just run your off. I use to be a wrestler and I could run off 6 pounds in an hour and a half. Most of that is water but still all the other methods are a slow way to lose weight, if you run a lot you will lose weight faster than any other way.
    Tranquillity Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 10:38 AM

Only eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full, even if your plate still has food on it. Advice from Paul Mckenna his great new book I can make you thin is excellent. It worked for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why my dog is lossing weight [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old german shepherd called karly I rescured her about 3 months ago as she was all skin and bones and kept out side in the cold with no shelter and 3 other dogs who kept fighting with her for her food the proplem is why I have had her she will eat her food but she will be really...

Lossing Connectivity [ 5 Answers ]

I have two computers the first computer is hook straight to the modem then there is my computer which is hooked up through a 4 port wirless belkin router and it drops my connection constantly.Now it is a cheap router.but the two computer is located from room two roomnext to each other.Do some...

My hamster is lossing weight [ 4 Answers ]

My hamster is a winter white and she is about 4months old and she is unusually hyperactive and doesn't seem to be eating any food she has lost a lot of weight and she stores her food under the saw dust in her cage. Can you tell me why she is doing this. Do I need to take her to the vets.

Lossing weight [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all , I'm 16 weeks pregnant. Today I went for a monthly check up to my Gyn ,everything was fine but I lost 1 lb. instead of gaining weight.. I'm very much tensed as to what to eat and what not to and how I can I increase my weight . I 'm a non-veggie but only eat chicken and fish(that to...

I am on a Protein Diet, but not lossing much weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6ft 4in and weigh 130Kgs,(lost 5kgs in 1month) I have been on the Protein Diet (Yes, where you do not have any carbohydrates in your diet) but only been eating protein and vegetables. However I am not losing much weight. What I have discovered is that maybe I am eating carbs in meals that...

View more questions Search