Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrock646 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 09:11 AM
    Palm ticketing software
    Hello all,

I'm new to this board. I've been looking into a way to streamline my employee's ticketing process. We've developed our own ticketing software and that seems to work great. But, the problem is when they are running around the building soving problems and putting out fires they seem to miss a call here and there. Actually let me rephrase that. They attend the calls, but they miss putting them into the ticketing software.

So, my next idea is to get everyone palms (palm pda[s]). But, I need to test some ticketing software before I do so.

I was curious if anyone had any ideas, or suggestions for easy and free pda ticketing software?

Thanks a million,
    -Adam
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 26, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Rather than looking for a new solution on a different platform, have you considered PDAs running Windows Mobile as your current solution should run on it without too much tweaking.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2006, 01:15 PM
    You need to define what you mean by ticketing software. I've successfully used Access along with PDA database tools to synchronize entries made on a PDA with the desktop app.

Apr 27, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Mainly, I need my reps to be able to open an observation in a program, put the phone extension and name of the person who called for their assistance and a brief explination of the problem they are trying to solve.

The only reason I'm looking for a "ticketing" software is so a date/time stamp will be placed on each ticket.

Apr 27, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Just about any program can be made to datestamp a record. I think the key here is whether you can get something that will allow you to synchronize the data entered into a PDA with the main data. Without knowing how you developed your one ticketing software, its hard to say how easy that will be.

Apr 27, 2006, 11:48 AM
    I developed it with SAS/AF. It's basically scl behind a frame w/ Base SAS for data manipulation.

Although it would be nice to import it, which I can if I can make the palm program save the data as a comma del. File, but more importantly I just need to capture the BASIC info for each call while their running around from call to call.

A lot of times they forget who they talked to for this call, or the extension from that call... I basically just need them to be able to jot the info down electronically (because the note pad is obviously not working) so they can either enter it into our system, or export it in.

I add code to the program to allow importing, but I would like to have a tested and debugged program to use on a (cheap($99.00)) palm to capture basic info. But, using access might not be a bad idea. I would still like to find a helpdesk/support/ticketing software too.

Apr 27, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Remedy (Help Desk Software - Help Desk Solution - Help Desk Application - Help Desk Tracking Software) is one of the top helpdesk programs out there. Whether it has a PDA module I don't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sego Palm Problem [ 3 Answers ]

My sego palm is turning yellow. It has been in the same place about 8 years now and has been doing great. Now it is turning yellow white. It has been getting plenty of water. What can I do to save it. Thanks.

Difference between Iron palm and iron fist [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me some info on the difference between Iron Palm and Iron Fist training? And also just some overall wushu reference pages and stuff would be appreciated.

Tax Software [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Like a lot of people who have posted on the forum, I am the classic F1-Opt-H1B case for this tax year. I have closely followed the discussion threads here and (I think) I know what forms I should be filling out. However, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with www.istaxes.com or...

Software [ 3 Answers ]

Hey according to you,, when you download kazaa,, is there any foolproof software or procedure to properly delete the lot of spy stuff which would be containing at the kazaa

OCR software [ 1 Answers ]

I use Windows XP & Windows 98 & Scanner: Benq S2W 3000U & Printer: HP deskjet 3325 I have many paper with writing and pictures. I put it in computer with scanner. 1- What is the best program that can help me?? #Options to saves and move text & image #text recognition # I hope the...

View more questions Search