Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    King Ranch GA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Problems
    I have a 2005 F250 with the 6.0 diesel engine. I just recently started having problems with the truck not starting backup on a warm start. Of all times it started after my 100,000 mile warranty was up. It's funny how that happens. I took it to Ford and they said my fuel injection control module was bad and replaced it for $1300. The very next day the problem is still there. It's hit or miss to. Has any other 6.0 diesel owner had this problem and did you get it fixed??
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2008, 07:30 AM
    I have a fried who had a similar problem, his truck was running on what felt like 4 cyl's,he changed the Injector Driver Module and problem solved.Bring it to a shop and get them to put it on a scanner to make sure,hope this helps.
    King Ranch GA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Thanks man, I'll give it a shot.
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Aug 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
    No problem,keep us posted on what you find :)
    snoman5150 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 10:39 PM

Go get it scanned
    Mine did the same thing,
    Bought it out of state drove it 600 miles home fine... next day took the wifey for a coke and it wouldn't start.

Had a cracked hp oil line under the valve cover. Shop installed a retainer kit and it fires cherry every time.
    supercrewduel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 01:11 AM
    Sure wish I had a cracked hp oil line, I was way down on power onday and it would not start the next. HP oil pump costs 674 dollars and 12 hours labor to replace. All totalled should come out around 1900 bucks.
    power60stroke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 04:05 PM
    I have a 2006 ford 6.0l 6 speed manual trans with 50,000 miles I drove it then I parked it and went to start it back and when I turn the key over everything does fine then I turn it the rest of the way and everything shuts off... but 20mins before that it ran fine
    BotmylastFord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
    I had this problem. I kind of ignored it. This however was the beginning of the end for that motor. Make sure that you check your antifreeze level constantly. Probably a good idea to change it for new as Ford recommends that it be changed at 100K miles. Use only Ford antifreeze. The EGR cooler is dying on your truck probably allowing a small amount of coolant into the intake on shutdown. That accounts for the smoke, and no power but once it warms up all is hunky dory, but the problem will get worse. I'll give you the advice I should have taken, and a 25 year ASME approved Ford technician gave me, sell it quick. Buy a Dodge.
    thefarrier2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 08:55 AM
    I also have a ford 2005 6.0 it runs great... but sometimes when you shut it off it will not start back it just sits there and turns over... I had it towed to ford dealer and they said they couldn't find anything that it starts fine with them,, so I go get it back keep it two weeks and it did it again... so I had it towed again to ford... and again they said it cranks fine... any ideas
    benco1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2012, 08:37 PM
    I have a 2003 F-350 with the 6.0 diesel and oil is getting into the radiator. Any ideals?
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Tyler, Texas
    [email protected]
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2012, 06:55 AM
    benco1, it may be transmission fluid, due to a leaking transmission cooler in the base of the radiator.
    LeRoy A Spinner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2013, 12:30 PM
    My ford f350 6.0 diesel I went shopping shut it off 20 minutes later it wouldn't start it turns over they gave it a shot of starting fluid but didn't do anything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 ford Powerstroke 6.0 issue [ 7 Answers ]

Thank you for you time.. I have recently purchased a used 2005 Ford 6.0 diesel turbo. Was running fine then all of a sudden the truck became sluggish and registered no turbo pressure or pressure sometimes. A well respected local mechanic told me that he believed it was due to a bad sensor. I...

Problems after fuel filter change on Ford F250 6.0 powerstroke [ 8 Answers ]

I just changed the two fuel filters on my 2004 Ford F250 superduty 6.0 Powerstroke. After changing them my trucks turbo stopped holding boost. White and black smoke was coming out of the exhaut pipe when the turbo would blow off. What could be the cause of the problem?

Ford powerstroke low on power and throttle response [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the map sensor and turbo no help seems to be not getting fuel any one with a sugestion

Ford Powerstroke chip programmer [ 2 Answers ]

Can mileage be doubled to 20-23mpg? Which programmers are reliable and for real?

View more questions Search