Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbbrouby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Cover for home sewer vent
    Squirrels have been storing pecans in our sewer vent and we have had major plumbing problems. The vents have been cleaned out, but we need to know how to keep the critters out.

I understand we could put screen over the top, but wouldn't they just eat through it. What would you recommend we use?

{moved from Forum Help-<>}
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbrouby
    Squirrels have been storing pecans in our sewer vent and we have had major plumbing problems. The vents have been cleaned out, but we need to know how to keep the critters out.

I understand we could put screen over the top, but wouldn't they just eat through it. What would you recommend we use?

{moved from Forum Help-<>}
    You have the right idea. You may install vent caps, (see image) but a much cheaper would be to install heavy screening, (Not window screening) on all vents. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer vent. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 inch sewer pipe going to a septic system. The pipe exits throgh the floor into the knee wall of the second floor of an unfinished room after renovations. I extended it into the crawl space in the attic by running it along the rafters in a roof pitch. I downsized it to a 3 inch pipe...

Sewer line vent [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced all the sewer line in my home. The only way to flush toilet is to unhook drian line to upstair sink to get it to flush. Otherwise toilet back up and then very slowly drains. Does this mean the vent is plugged? My line also goes into s septic tank.

Sewer trap cover [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, We have a terra cotta pipe in our front yard leading down to the sewer lateral line (is this called the "sewer trap"?). This pipe has, until recently, had a round terra cotta cover on it... eight inches in diameter and 3/4" thick in this case. Clay being what it is, this cover has...

View more questions Search