Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 06:17 AM
    What to do with the girl I just met?
    Hello. I have had some bad relationships in the past. I am a very honest guy, and I always treat the girl I care about very very well, and I always end up with a girl that treats me really bad, and I think it damages me a little bit. I haven't been completely happy with a girl for over a year now. I just seem to be brain dead when it comes to relationships now. I used to know how to handle myself really well. I have been trying to get out in the dating field again for a while now, but I work a lot, and don't have a lot of time to find a girl. I just recently met a girl for a minute and I gave her my number and told her if she was interested, then to call me. I had my phone shut off because the battery was really low. When I turned it on, I seen that she actually called me. I called back and didn't get anybody, but got ahold of her through text message the next day. I just want to know things and I think I take things way to serious anymore when it comes to relationships. I always goof off with my friends and I make a lot of people laugh, but I seem different when it comes to girls, and I feel to uptight or something, I think it was because all the last girls I dated treated me so bad. Does anyone have any advice on how I should go about things. I almost need a personal coach for dating now I think. Haha
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 06:28 AM
    All I can tell you is to be yourself. The reason you get uptight is because you're nervous, but you have to realize that the reason the girl probably likes you is due to your humor when you're around your friends. You have to keep reminding yourself to relax.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 07:19 AM
    You should check into Doc Love; he's the best!
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Hey! Thank both of you for your help. Where can I find this Doc Love character?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89
    Hey! thank both of you for your help. where can i find this Doc Love character?
    Google!
    Doc Love - Google Search
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Being yourself, and taking your time to have fun, and get to know someone is the dating experience. Enjoy it for what it is, a chance to be around females ( or males for the ladies) in a casual setting.

It also gives you a chance to cope with your own feelings, and a chance to see the difference between love and lust, two very confusing intense feelings.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Just take things slow and stay on your toes. You just met this girl so you don't really know how things will turn out. If you do wind up in a relationship with her be honest, be yourself, and have good communication and don't think she's like every girl that did you wrong from the past. I think you came across some bad seeds but there's someone for everyone. Also folloqa your instincts and relax, don't over think stuff.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Thanks to everyone who has helped me. I think a big part is that I think every new girl will do me like the last girl who did me bad. It scares me a bit. I am an honest guy, and I just want the same in return.
    Ivory0921 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 10:10 AM
    It does seem like you've been burned in the past, don't let it stop you from getting out there and meeting different ladies. There are plenty women out there waiting to meet an honest guy. Take it easy, just have fun and get to know them before you jump into anything, that way you will slowly learn to get back in the game.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 10:23 AM
    That is a good idea Ivory0921. If I do take it easy, I might be able to get back into the game and not mess something up by jumping in to fast. My friends feel bad for me, because I don't have a girlfriend most of the time, because the girl always does bad to me, or takes advantage of me, cheats on me, or uses my money. I have never cheated on anyone, and I never will. I wish all girls would just be honest with me, as I will to them. I just wish I had the same stuff I had a year or so ago. I had no problem then, just kind of go with it. Thanks everybody!
    Ivory0921 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Yup - that sounds just about right. Just enjoy yourself and enjoy being single. Test the waters and I'm sure you'll realize that you don't have it so bad after all. :p Best of luck to you!
    WhatN3XT Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Aug 25, 2008, 01:44 PM
    First off I believe you should check out the "Dating" section of AMHD for good tips from allot of people going through the same thing as yourself. This is the "Relationship" section and it takes months of dating to develop one. But since you are here, maybe that's what may be an issue. You go full force trying for a relationship instead of having fun dating the women that come into your life.

You see dating is where you get to find out all the history involved with the person you are with. If you sense a red flag or multiple red flags while dating, you can stop it before it becomes a relationship that will only lead too much deeper heartbreak and putting more baggage in your closet when it's over. Baggage that is unfortunately stopping you from dating.

Act the same ways you do with your buddies while you are on a date, this seems to be the REAL you anyway. Don't offer so much in the beginning, give and take equally.

I say contact her and ask her out. Consider it a date, not a relationship.

Hope this helps.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Ok. That helped things a lot. Thank you very much. I'm feeling a little more comfortable about how to be myself. My next question I am going to ask, if anybody reads this is: I was txting the girl last night and asked if I could call her today. Since I am a year out of high school, and I knew she was close in age, I didn't know if she was still in school or not. I work a full time job, and about mid day today, I text her and asked her if she was in school, and she said no, so I asked if she had graduated, and she said yea, and where from and everything. Then I asked if I could call her and she has never responded back. I really want to get to know her, but I don't know if she wants me to leave her alone or not. I don't want to be pushy. Any advice?
    WhatN3XT Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Aug 25, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Slow down, wait a few days for her to respond. Wait, Wait, Wait. I know you are excited to talk to her, but remember what I said about equality. Let her make the next move. Don't rush it, or you will scare her away.
    jayxnderwood Posts: 5, Reputation: -2

Aug 25, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Don't listen to these people. I was just like you, and I asked people what to do and they gave me the same bull as the above (sorry not mean to offend anyone). Listen there's only one thing all girls like about guys and that's a 'surprise of the mouth'. Surprise her about yourself all the time, talk passonate. Make rytmes - and of course poems it always works
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to have to go with whatn3xt on this one. I have learned in the past not to rush anything. I think waiting this one out would be the smartest choice. Thanks guys.
    tolongapong Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Aug 25, 2008, 03:03 PM
    I no what your going through, I was the same way before, but you just got to be yourself and not let things get to u. cause if you do, its just going to cause more problems then there should be. And if the next girl you date is a butt then move on to the next one cause you shouldn't have to change who you are for someone. And if a girl is to ever cheat on you or anything in that sort it just show that she doesn't care for you enough to stay committed and you need to just move on to some better. Cause if you give her your all all she doesn't do that same move on. You deserve better
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 03:37 PM
    I think you should stop the texting and give her a call. Texting is okay but a call is better. If I just met a guy, I would prefer for him to give me a call to ask questions instead of texting it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Yeah Liz28. I agree. I haven't even text her that much though. I would much rather talk to her on the phone, to get to know her better and everything. I hated the texting, but I text her yesterday to see if she was available, because I didn't know if she was still in school or not. I didn't even know her that well, but I would like to get to know her better. I am just hoping something is there. I was going to wait and see if she contacted me today, and then I thought about calling her tomorrow and asking her out for Friday, but I also thought if she doesn't call me today, then she may not be that interested. I have talked to some of my friends that are girls and they try to give me advice, but they give me no direct answer as to what I should do. I still don't know what to do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 05:50 AM
    You give her a chance to think about meeting up with you, without pressure, as she may be busy with things, as you are. She doesn't want to appear to eager, and you don't want to appear desperate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Getting the Girl [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I'm in an unsure predicament right now, and it is neither good nor bad. I've never officially dated/kissed... a girl, I would sometimes make attempts to flirt but I am what some would call shy in person lol. I recently started at a new restaurant job, and am really interested in this...

Met This Girl I Like [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I met this girl and we finally met up with each other and got on really well. The problem is I don't know how to tell her that I like her as more then a friend and trying to figure out if she thinks of me as more then just a friend. After I left her she text me seeing if I got home...

View more questions Search