Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShaydeN Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2008, 02:24 AM
    High school scares me
    Okay.. im going into grade 9 right? Well... im kind of sared cause I don't know who I am yet.. and I don't exaclt no my personality type... when I dtress emo people call me a depressed kid.. so I think yea whatever,. then ill dress like a prep///then theyl say that imma wannabe... so I ll dress the way I want to dress.. and ill get even MORE crytosized... can I do to stop being so judged?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 03:30 AM
    Ignore the comments, don't let the comments affect you and seek out those who are like yourself. Dress in the way that makes you feel comfortable and is acceptable according to the dress codes of the school that you are going to attend. You will find many others who are like yourself. You will not be alone, nor are you the only one facing those sorts of fears.

Please remember that a big part of the reason for required schooling is to help us prepare and practice for the roles that we will eventually have as adults.

There's a time to play and a time to get serious. When involved in taking classes that involve the basic academics that everyone must take, then that's a time to be serious and not play around, even with the way that you dress as well as act.

How a person dresses is an art! You could actually start a trend by the way that you dress and act that could be a good influence on others!

The ones that still dress in childish ways when taking serious classes are just that, childish. They tend to draw attention to themselves rather than to the material to which attention needs to be drawn for people to succeed and get ahead. There is a time and place that is appropriate, but generally not when going to classes and studying the required academia.

Since you like to act, dressing in other ways for rehearsals for productions can give you an outlet for a way to express yourself by the way that you dress that might help you to "let loose" some outside of the way that you will choose to dress for the required academic subjects.

Water seeks its own level. That's a basic law of physics. It's the same way with people. People will seek to hang out with others who are like themselves.

We live in basically a conformist world. People in business especially know this to be true. If you want to get ahead, then you dress and act according to the ways of the people with whom you want to associate.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

Going to high school for the first time scared me too! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

I need to know the nam of this song emerg its off high school high [ 3 Answers ]

Ok this song isn't on the soundtrack I went through all of them. The song starts when there about to do the chicky run. If you know it please tell me

What should High School really be about? [ 3 Answers ]

I Think Students Should Go To High School For What They To B In The Future. Instead Of Gooing N Taking Classes They Don't Need.

High School [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get my diploma by going to night school

High school in NYC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, do you have a list of the top 10 specialize high school in NYC? And if you know any reasonable private tutor for the SHSAT test... Thank you

View more questions Search