Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    algranville2000 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 01:07 AM
    Printer Problem
    I am having trouble with my Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer. The paper light went on before the paper was out(there were about 10 sheets left). I have reset, refilled the paper tray, pressed the Ready button, rebooted my computer, all to no avail. The Paper light just won't go out. Any suggestions?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 04:37 AM
    It sounds to me like a sensor problem. See if you can find any switches that might be used to sense the paper being present in the machine. It could be a mechanical issue, or an electrical issue. If you can find the switch they use--and it seems to operate normally--you can follow its wires up to the circuit board and see if the connector simply came loose.

Best of luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer problem [ 1 Answers ]

My PC recently went very badly wrong and I was forced to use a recovery disc to start all over again. Most things are working properly except for the printer. I am using Windows XP Home and the printer is a Sharp AJ-2200 using Port LPT 1. It was necessary to reinstall the printer but now it...

Lexmark75 printer problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I have correctly installed the appropriate cartridges into my Lexmark 75 all-in-one but when I try and print something the page remains blank - sorry for the basic question, but I am a novice. Thanks very much.

Problem networking printer [ 7 Answers ]

I just added a new laptop to my home network. It's a Dell Latitude running windows XP pro. I had successfully been using another (IBM running Windows 98) and had it all networked fine, but I cannot get the printer to work with this one. I have tried setting it up tried to install the proper...

Printer Problem [ 5 Answers ]

When I print something all this extra paper keeps printing out and will not stop... can you tell me if it is a printer setting issue or give me a clue on how to resolve the issue. Thank you:)

Printer problem... [ 3 Answers ]

I'm using Epson Stylus C65 it works cause I already used it but when I remove the USB cause I have to insert my scanner, then inserted back the printer and use it "the printer is not ready to print" I wait cause I thought its just a matter of time, I pull it then put it back several times but no...

View more questions Search