Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Apr 27, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Starman-

Something got lost in the translation. I was only responding to PHILLYSTEAK & CHEESE'S post prior to mine. That's the only post(his) that actually could answer your question I think.
    But I was referring to Hell only and not THIS LIFE.

I do not believe that God "punishes" any that love Him. He may correct us so that we learn a better way to do some things. And from troubles He gives us wisdom and peace regarding their outcomes. As for anything" worse", I don't believe that God is "their" maker.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 27, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    Starman-

Something got lost in the translation. I was only responding to PHILLYSTEAK & CHEESE'S post prior to mine. That's the only post(his) that actually could answer your question I think.
    But I was referring to Hell only and not THIS LIFE.

I do not believe that God "punishes" any that love Him. He may correct us so that we learn a better way to do some things. And from troubles He gives us wisdom and peace regarding their outcomes. As for anything" worse", I don't believe that God is "their" maker.
    Sorry about the misunderstanding and happy to know that your concept of God is a noble one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2006, 07:39 PM
    The old woman was probably doing the best she could with what she had so forgive her and say a prayer for her:cool:
    -

Apr 27, 2006, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    The old woman was probably doing the best she could with what she had so forgive her and say a prayer for her:cool:

So what do you have to say about the question itself?
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 01:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I've misbehaved yet never been tortured. I wonder what that means.

It means nothing since the doctrine we are talking about is in reference to those who die first.
    Expert

Apr 28, 2006, 06:10 AM
    I have a hard time understanding the question to be honest, but I do suspect that God does what He does regardless if we understand it or not. God does not answer to us and its sort of what my dad use to tell us "Do as I say , not as I do!":cool: ;)
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 09:07 AM
    I have a hard time understanding the question to be honest, but I do suspect that God does what He does regardless if we understand it or not. God does not answer to us and its sorta what my dad use to tell us "Do as I say , not as I do!":cool: ;)
    Philisophically, the question falls under trhe category of ethics, which as I am sure you know, deals with issues of right and wrong. My question requests an explanation of the logic of those who don't torture and yet worship a god who tortures. I can't seem to figure it out since it seems illogical to me so I ask.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Have you proven the statement that God tortures?
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Have you proven the statement that God tortures?
    The proving is for those who say he does. I don't.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 09:32 AM
    Oh I see, that's why your getting so few responses.
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Oh I see, that's why your getting so few responses.

You completely destroyed me with that comment. I'll get my samurai sword and commit sepuco. Oh the shame!

LOL

BTW
    I have posted similar questions on other forums and have gotten many responses.
    Members of each forum have their own unique preferences and backgrounds. You for example seem to be more interested in heckling and trying to get a rise than in adding anything valuable to the discussion. Which of course is OK though a bit dissapointing.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
    Well I've reviewed my postings is this thread and I see no heckling nor attempst to get a rise. On the other hand, now that you mention it, your initial question that started this thread (stating thatGod punishes via torture) certainly can be seen as "trying to get a rise". What do you think?
    Expert

Apr 28, 2006, 11:52 AM
    To 31 pumpkin-Sorry to hit a sore point ,my comment was not meant to!
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Well I've reviewed my postings is this thread and I see no heckling nor attempst to get a rise. On the other hand, now that you mention it, your initial question that started this thread (stating thatGod punishes via torture) certainly can be seen as "trying to get a rise". What do you think?

All my comments prior to your remarks clearly show that I am not accusing God of torture but you choose to ignore. When someone misrepresents another persons viewpoint, "strawman fallacy" though it has been stated clearly and repeatedly it's only natural that the person being misrepresented suspect that the person doing the misrepresenting is trying to get a rise.
    Your command of English is normal and so seems to be your intelligence.
    So I can't blame your misrepresentation of what I am sayng on that.

BTW

The word "Can" which begins the question is used to place the question within the hypothetical.

Can you go up and down simultaneously?
    Can you be thin and fat simultaneously?
    Can a righteous man be totally evil?

Anyone reading any of these and accusing the asker of making a statement in favor of one or the other issue would either be retarded or else highly deficient in understanding basic English. Something that I notice you are not.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Sorry mate, your subject question is a posit, the "can" does not save you in this case.

Your ad hominem attack (I may be "retarded") shows that you have nothing left to offer but to attack the messenger and not the message.
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 12:47 PM
    Sorry mate, your subject question is a posit, the "can" does not save you in this case.

Your ad hominem attack (I may be "retarded") shows that you have nothing left to offer but to attack the messenger and not the message.

Again!
    I did not call you retarded. Are you reading what I write or just skimming?
    As for the question, a question doesn't posit a statement does. Of course that doesn't prevent the reader from assuming insinuations or indirects which in this case is what you have done--assume. Neither does it explain your ignoring all my comments which clearly condemn torture. Please read what a person writes before assuming.
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 05:11 PM

Daddy... daddy wasn't there... to take him to the fair!

:D :D :D
    Expert

Apr 28, 2006, 06:10 PM
    What could that mean?:cool:
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 07:57 PM
    Quote Taliniman- "like my father who said-do as I say- not as I do -------

It means YOU'RE an OLD MAN and you probably take after your father who couldn't shut his mouth so he called women over 40, including your MOTHER... Old Women!!
    :(
    Expert

Apr 28, 2006, 08:12 PM
    I've already apologized for the misunderstanding, I meant no malice or disrespect:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Defense against immoral conduct? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, A friend(Key Word) and school advisor recently divorced. Her husband had me served with a Arbitration Paper. It claims immoral acts on my part caused his divorce. I have never been to there home, and have several E-Mails from her which show I rebuked her advances and that I was only talking...

Humans [ 3 Answers ]

How long have humans inhabited the earth? Thanks! -alison

View more questions Search