Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coonerthecat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Does hurricanes contains salt water?
    Hurricanes usually start as tropical depressions over the Africa coastline. Drawing moist Atlantic Ocean moisture. Then travel westward still drawing Atlantic moisture upward into the atmosphere gaining strength until it becomes a hurricane. Does the atmosphere and the stormy weather it creates contain salt water moisture? If so if the remnants of a hurricane should track in the Ohio Valley. Could the rain that falls in Ohio contain salt particles from the Atlantic Ocean?
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Aug 24, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Interesting question, my first thought would be that most if not all the water from the storm will have first evaporated before becoming part of the storm. Of course salt doesn't evaporate at the same temp as water so I don't think there would be.
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Aug 24, 2008, 07:52 PM
    I just found this artcle which talks more about it: WGN Weather Center Blog: From Salt Water to Fresh Water: Hurricane Formation
    bhanna1 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 06:50 AM

Hi Blake! I couldn't open the site that you recommended, just get a red x where the data is supposed to be... hmmmm?
    gobber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2011, 10:52 AM
    The salt water is left in the ocean and a small amount from the tops of high waves in blown into coastal areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Softener Using Excessive Salt [ 3 Answers ]

I have a water softener that is approximately 10 years old. Over the past few months it Has started to use an excessive amount of salt; now up to about 200 pounds per month. Should I replace it or is there an easy fix?

Setting up a salt water tank [ 8 Answers ]

Kae, I hope this gets to you. I have recently acquired a 55 gallon long tank and hubby would like to set up a salt water tank. We don't have filters yet, nor do we have lights. Only the tank and the stand. Can you please walk me through this?

Water softener doesn't use any salt [ 1 Answers ]

My water softener runs but never uses any salt. Any ideas as to the problem? Thanks

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone within or adjacent to the rain forest [ 2 Answers ]

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone in the rain forest

Boiling salt in water [ 2 Answers ]

When you added NaCl in water , you notice that when the water boils over,it causes the flame of the gas burner to turn bright orange. My question is, how would you explaine the appearance of the color in the flame ?

View more questions Search