Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liltickles02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 07:29 PM
    2005 Pontiac Sunfire--lighting not working
    I have a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire. The instrument panel cluster does not light up, nor does the radio buttons, fog lights, tail lights, gear shift light or the a/c, heater light. We've changed several fuses for the above and this has not fixed any of the problems. What else could it be?

Thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 03:07 AM
    You probably have an open circuit in the Dimmer or dimmer circuit:

Name:  1a.gif
Views: 3273
Size:  13.1 KB

Verify the ground is intact and check for power on the Gray wire when the lights are on.
    If that doesn't check out as good, it's possible that the Body Control Module (BCM) has failed for that system.

Hands-on diagnosis is crucial to pinpoint the fault in any electrical system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Sunfire speedometer not working [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire, and this morning the speedometer stopped working properly. When I am completely stopped it now reads 25mph. All other gauges work fine. For the past 2 weeks the needle on the speedometer has been sticking. For example if I was going 60 and accelerated to 70 instead of...

2005 Pontiac Sunfire. Speedometer sticking [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Sunfire and the speedometer is sticking. However it only happens once it gets hot outside. Usually it stays stuck at 0mph. Although sometimes it will move a little and end up getting stuck in random places. Once the weather cools down the problem goes away. What could be causing the...

Non-working track lighting [ 1 Answers ]

One of the lamps was working, one was not on a two lamp track lighting fixture in my kitchen. I purchased 2 new lamps (so they would match). After they were installed, neither one worked. We tested the bulbs, they were fine. What's really strange is that when we tried to install the old lamp...

Growling noise 2005 sunfire [ 1 Answers ]

Start to get a grawling noise left side of car at about 45 miles per hr. Replace wheel bearing ane brakes and rotar, still does it.

Track lighting not working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay 7 light track light kit. Each of the 7 light fixtures on the track have a halogen 20W bulb in them. Recently, the power in my house went off for about 10 minutes. This happened at night, so all of the lights/ switches were off. After the power came back on, I noticed that...

View more questions Search