Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    universe Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Restoring word perfect
    My computer came with word perfect already installed. I had to restore my computer, losing word perfect. Is there any way to retrieve word perfect?
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Aug 24, 2008, 05:25 PM
    That depends on what, if any, provisions you computer manufacturer included with your system for recovering the applications bundled with it. Sometimes the software on the hard disk's recovery partition is designed to restore the bundled applications along with the operating system. Some manufacturers provide separate installation disks for the bundled applications, sometimes marked "for sale with a new computer only". If the applications were added by the retailer it would be up to the retailer to include the disks when the computer was delivered (even if at the pickup desk).

Even if we knew what make and model computer you have, others who purchased that model, and possibly those who bought it from the same retailer, might be the only people able to answer your question.

If more efforts with wordperfect aren't successful you could try the word processing capabilities of the free OpenOffice suite www: OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite which also includes spreadsheet, database and web page editing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 24, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Your first answer is correct. However, you can purchase Wordperfect at several places. Here's just one:

Corel WordPerfect Software at EverythingOutlet.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lost word perfect [ 1 Answers ]

I had to restore my computer and lost word perfect. Is there any way to reinstall it?

Restoring deleted MS word application [ 3 Answers ]

"hi, i have deleted my MS word application incidentally, i need to restore it now bcos i am more familiar with its use. i have a service pack 2 installed with my laptop when it was bought and so i dont have the installation cd, but along the way the WORD got bad and whenever i try to open it i...

This really happened - at a Word Perfect Site! [ 18 Answers ]

I thought this was such a jewel and just had to share it with my cyberfamily! SMILE OF THE WEEK (contributions for this section are most welcome) =: The Help Desk := This has got to be one of the funniest I've heard of in a long time. I think this guy should have been promoted, not...

Restoring force [ 1 Answers ]

At the swimming pool, you notice that different people make the diving board bend down by different amounts. Assuming that the diving board behaves like a spring, explain how you could you determine the weight of everybody that used the diving board if you knew the weight of one person who used it.

Restoring my credit [ 4 Answers ]

I just paid off everything on my credit report that was negative. I have a car loan and a student loan in good standing. Everything else was seriously delinquent , in collections, or an attorney. I have paid it all off, what's the best way to build my credit back up?

View more questions Search