Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprilluvs03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Getting rid of midnight black hair dye
    I recently went to walmart and bought a hair dye kit for the first time just to do something spontaniously. I have medium brown hair and I dyed it midnight black. I really dislike the color, it is too dark. I just realized I am in a wedding in 10 days and I am wearing silver. Help!! I need to get this dark hair dye out of my hair as soon as possible and I don't have the money to go to a beauty salon and I don't want to bleach it. Is there any method that I can use that will help it turn back to brown in 10 days. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 27, 2006, 10:07 PM
    Aprilluvs03, you will need to use a color remover. Black hair dyes are the hardest to remove, therefore, you may have to use 2 applications to remove the dye. Keep in mind that color removers will leave your hair brassy. Once the color is removed, then you have to re-color your hair to tone the brassiness. I advise you not to try this yourself. If you can't go to the salon, ask someone you are close with to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Hair [ 8 Answers ]

I have long, thick, curly hair, which is naturally a honey blonde colour. I've had it black for the past 2 years or so, and I've decided I'd really like something different. Basically, I would like to have the top half of my hair still black, and the bottom half an electric blue or hot pink...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

I like black hair but my boyfriend doesn't! [ 4 Answers ]

:o hi, I really like my black hair color but my boyfriend really doesn't becayse he says I look son kind of the girl from "THE RING" but way cutter, :p . I think balck is sexy but he thinks blonde is, so I've decided to change my blue black permanent color back to my dark brown natural color, so...

Tired of Black Hair Dye [ 16 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for 6 years now. I have been every color of the rainbow, bleached and dyed and chopped all the way off. My natural color is a dirty blonde and when I let that grow I ended up dying it again. The only color I never dyed my hair was black until January 1st 2006. Since then I...

Hair Colouring from Black [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my hair dyed three times in abour a year with the colour black, once at a salon and two by myself. Now I am am sick of this colour, and have used a hair lightener/bleach. It has made my roots blond, as I have light brown hair, it has made the rest of my hair a red copper colour. I...

View more questions Search