Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostfan1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Canning using a pressure cooker
    I am canning carrots with a pressure cooker. I used quarts and have some left over so I want to use pints. The pressure cooker booklet says it holds max of 10 pint jars. Can I do say 4 at a time? That's about all I have left would be. Would this change the time or pressure?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 24, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Everything would be exactly the same, I would add empty jars with no food in them, just water inside and you needn't use their lids, in order to fill it up because otherwise when it gets to boiling the jars in a half filled pot may tip over and spill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canning pressure cooker vs hot water bath [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any reason why you can't use the pressure cooker vs the Hot water bath for canning fruits and jams

Canning fresh veg with pressure cooker [ 1 Answers ]

Hepl please i bought a pressure cooker and in their manual it list how to cook all foods but not how long to pressure cook can foods. I want to can fresh string beans and there is no time table on any fresh vegtables to be canned my pressure cooker is 15 psi. could someone help me on this. My...

Pressure cooker use/manual [ 1 Answers ]

I have a brand new pressure cooker. It has the pressure rocker, a safety valve, a safety lock and It does not seem to build up pressure. I see steam comes from the safety lock. Where is the user manual? No idea. Can someone help me find where I can get a user manual, or tell me what's wrong with...

Cooker plate is too hot [ 4 Answers ]

Dear All, I have an electronic cooker plate (hob) installed (Candy PVS 640 RX). The problem is that when I cook on it, I can't adjust it's heat, or it is very-very fast. In theory it could be adjusted ungradually. Any idea? Is it a failure at all? Thank you in advance, Peter

View more questions Search