Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Nextel Cell phone Scam?
    Nextel sent me 2 new phones I didn't order, They said (My Company Name) ordered them, couldn't give a persons name or how and where it was ordered(Online, telephone call, Etc)It seems they had a salesman Hack their system, and be authorizing phones to be sent out for the commission, Made a fortune, now they can't do anything about it.
    Anyone else get phones from Nextel that you didn't order?
    Nextel says their fraud department can't identify which one, Is that an Effective Fraud Department?:cool:
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 24, 2008, 11:50 AM
    If it came in the mail, you can keep the phones, you don't have to return them or pay for them. But a phone without a contract is no good which they know, probably hoping you will subscribe
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue
    If it came in the mail, you can keep the phones, you don't have to return them or pay for them. But a phone without a contract is no good which they know, probably hoping you will subscribe

This is not strictly true - the law in most States is that if the merchandise was sent in ERROR or in an attempt to defraud the COMPANY the recipient has a legal obligation to return it.

Merchandise simply shipped with a "here, pay for this" notice is another category.

This looks like the company was scammed and falls into the attempt to defraud category.

I am addressing this legally, not morally.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 01:29 PM
    And no phone would leave the actual Nextell warehouse without a authroization code from some sales office, and some sales persons code on it.

It may be an independent dealer who is doing this, or of course some person in your company did it and now afraid to admit what they did
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 03:32 PM
    FR Chuck, Their Fraud Dept has no idea from where they were ordered?
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 04:26 AM
    Nextel swore they would have fraud department call many times by now.
    I will be leaving NEXTEL. To vulnerable, Too Stupid. If I ran that Company, I would know who ordered the phones.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Hello Strat:

A related story...

My company was using Nextel phones. However, we needed 10 more. When we ordered them, they said we couldn't have them because they were beyond the owners credit limit...

Now, the Nextel phones were an integral part of our business. If we couldn't order more, we couldn't grow. It actually made NO sense to me - still doesn't.

However, we had OTHER Nextel distributors telling us that they COULD get the phones, when OUR distributor told us we couldn't. So, we placed our order with the guy who said he could get them, and he did. Then Nextel tried to tell us it was a mistake and to send them back... We didn't, of course...

Although they were the first to have push to talk, they just sat back on their heels and thought THAT would make them rich. Instead, I think they're on the verge of going bust. That makes me smirk a little.

excon
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2009, 06:16 AM

The conclusion:
    I never got the $150 back, They said if I quit, I will have to pay $200 for early termination, even though they were the screw up. The last girl I spoke with, suggested to pay on direct connect until Feb 09 $20 a month to fulfill my requirement, so it would be $120(6 months X20) instead of 200. It sat in drawer whole time, NOT going to carry a second phone for direct connect.
    To top it off, they disable the GPS. I bought and own the phone. They squeak, and I understand they are on the way out. Good Riddance
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    The conclusion: I never got the $150 back, They said if I quit, I will have to pay $200 for early termination,
    Hello again, Strat:

Screw what they say! I'd quit. Send them a certified letter telling them why. Tell them further that if they don't refund your $150, you'll sue them. If they bill your credit card, file a fraud complaint with your bank. The bank will give the money back while they investigate.

If they don't refund your bread, small claims court is quick, cheap and easy.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

I need help about a certain cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am in need of help. Im thinking of buying a cellphone but I'm not sure if it will be compatible. Ive done searches and found nothing. I have no knowledge about cellphones and basically I just know how they work. Now the cell phone model is called the p900iv you might recall this phone from...

Cell phone gps [ 2 Answers ]

Ive Been Told Most New Cell Phones Have Gps. Is This True? If So How Accurate Is The Location And Can I Track This With Only Having The Cell Number. Does The Phone Have To Be Currently In Service?

View more questions Search