Why my toilets flush 2 time evertime
    Toilet flushes 2 times every time
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 24, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dan18910
    toilet flushes 2 times everytime
    Hey Dan,
    Have you replaced the flapper lately? If so did you cut the ring off with a pair of scissors before you placed it on the hooks? I'm going to put up some different types of flappers. Tell me which one you have. Regards, Tom
    dan18910 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Hi,

I have 3 toilet in the house and all 3 are doing the same thing flushing 2 times and I have 3 different stoppers, I don't think I am getting bubbles in the tank after flushing but I will check.
    Two toilets are on the second floor and one on the 1st.

Thanks,

Dan:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 02:44 AM
    Now, I'm not a plumbing expert here, but your question did piqué my interest because I just replaced a bunch of things, including most the insides of the tank for a customer.

The same thing is happening there. Basically, repeated flushes while only flushing once. I'm a handyman, but no plumbing expert, but can fix a lot of plumbing things.

Do you know what the brand of the flushing mechanism on the insides of the toilet are? Knowing that may be helpful to know here. The one that I installed was Fluidmaster and I know that it can be adjusted as to the height. The height of the mechanism might be part of the problem.

So, until Tom comes back to address your question again, it might help to know the brand of the mechanism that is inside the tank.

Thanks!
    dan18910 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Hi,

All 3 are fluidmasters, and if you come up with an answer let me know.

Thanks,

Dan
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Dan,

Please respond to Tom's question, and give us some more explanation. When and how it need to be flushe 2 times?

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHen it rains a lot our toilets will not flush! [ 12 Answers ]

We are having some sort of plumbing problem. When it rains for several days our toilets will not flush. We never have trouble with the showers or sinks, however while having this problem, when we take a shower the toilet does gurgle, but the shower drains fine. Could this be aproblem with the...

Toilets will not flush when washing machine is on [ 3 Answers ]

Our septic tank was pumped out twice in two weeks; we called a septic tank person who replaced the drainfield that is two years old. However, the same problem exists that we cannot flush our toilets when the washing machine is one. The system worked fine until a month ago. THe spectic tank...

Both bathtubs clogged and toilets won't flush [ 6 Answers ]

Both our bathtubs are clogged and both toilets won't flush. We've tried Zepp in both tubs and one seemed to drain fine while the other one didn't. We then tried the snake and couldn't get it to go in the bathtub with the drain problem more than two feet or so. We were able to remove some hair from...

Gurgling in pipes after all toilets flush [ 6 Answers ]

What causes pipes to make a moaning/gurgling sound after flushing toilets? And how can I fix it? We live in a 107-year old house and have lived here for the past three years. About a month or so, we started to hear our pipes after flushing the toilets. You can hear the sound from one of the...

Toilets don't flush at the same time [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a new house only 1 1/2 years old no basement and one story 2000 sqare feet. We have two toilets. On occasion one toilet gets stuffed and does not flush properly occasionally both tolitets at the same time do the same. Ive snaked it many times and get it work for a while, but ihappens...

View more questions Search