Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara_bell15 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Long Distance
    I've been seeing this guy for about four months now. He lives kind of far from where I am. We've been talking about moving in together. I know it's soon. He wants me to move there and I'm a little nervous. He's already looking at a place. I'm not sure if I should wait or not. I love him and can picture my life with him, but I'm scared it might be too soon. What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
    That is your choice, but if it is true deep love, there would be little doubt, some fear, but no doubt, if you are still having doubts, then wait.
    He is not giving up his life so it is easy for him, Why you move there?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 06:26 PM
    I think you're right ; it's too soon. You don't mention just how far apart you and he live but to forsake all and move in with him after only 4 months could prove to be a costly mistake. Is it possible you could spend some time living in his home on a temporary basis as a "trial run" for several weeks, say during the summer or when you get a chance to take a vacation? That might prove to be a revealing experience and could help you decide whether you really want to take such a bold step as moving far away from your present home to be with this guy or not.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Apr 26, 2006, 12:11 AM
    If you think its too soon, IT IS! Cianci is dead on here. LISTEN!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2006, 02:31 AM
    I totally agree with S Cianci.
    I too had a long distant relationship with my partner. We actually lived in 2 separate countries. I meet him whilst he was on holiday where I live, we clicked immediately, became friends and enjoed ecahothers company. As our like for each other blossemed. That's when we realised we wanted to be togther but before we made that immediate decession he had to leave to go back home, and our plan was to visit each other every month or so when possible before either 1 of us left home to be with each other. And then I did actually leave my home to go live with him but this was after 1.5 years.
    4 months is too short. Visit eachther on monthly basis before you make any drastic decessions.

Moving or leaving home is a HUGE step in life as your leaving all you have behind you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2006, 02:35 AM
    Oh...
    And love at distance makes the heart grow fonder :)
    Believe me.
    eyad1969 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Apr 26, 2006, 03:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_bell15
    I've been seeing this guy for about four months now. He lives kinda far from where I am. We've been talking about moving in together. I know it's soon. He wants me to move there and I'm a little nervous. He's already looking at a place. I'm not sure if I should wait or not. I love him and can picture my life with him, but I'm scared it might be too soon. What should I do?
    I think that you have to move now don't wait cause you must live every nice moment you can , don't lose any nice momebt you can live now.
    Go and then you will know if that was wrong or not but anyway you can't lose anything believe me.
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2006, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eyad1969
    i think that u have to move now dont wait cause u must live every nice moment u can , dont lose any nice momebt u can live now.
    go and then u will know if that was wrong or not but anyway u can't lose anything belive me.
    That's utter sh*t, I'm sorry!

If he really loves you he will wait for you and if u really love him you can wait.
    Rushing things will only make things worse.
    Never ever rush things.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2006, 04:33 AM
    Hi, sarah,
    As most of your other answers have said, wait awhile.
    I agree with not moving at this time. How far is far?
    Since you have doubts, wait until you are sure... might not ever be sure, but will give you more time to think.
    When you say you have been seeing each other, do you mean face-to-face?
    Why isn't he willing to move where you are? Better job where he is?
    I would wait a couple more months, maybe longer. Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

Long distance marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not very familiar with the Muslim traditions so I will try my best to help with the knowledge you have given me. Try talking to him about this, or a friend or family member who knows you, and him and who can offer better advice on the situation. If you want to get a divorce then reasons...

Long distance love [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a girl from the big city and have heard this story from others but I need help. I met my boyfriend now husband I guess on vacation in mexico about two years ago. He's cute, a ladies man. We met and fell in love big time. Well he came here for me. I married him on a fiancée visa. :o ...

AT & T Long Distance [ 0 Answers ]

I think I'm ready to notify AT & T that we no longer want them as our long distance carrier. I've read and heard some nasty tales about AT & T. With this in mind, what's the best way to proceed? Also, should my letter be sent to their Avenue of the Americas address? Yes, I'm probably overly...

View more questions Search