Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 11:58 AM
    Can a Moslem answer this?
    From the Qur'an:

The Cow; [2.62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

I do not understand the Qur'an fully, so pardon me that I see this as contradictory to the many less than pleasing things that the Qur'an says about Christians.

... but there it is in black and white. What does a scholar of the Qur'an say that this passage means, if not exactly what it says?

Comparing the above to what my Faith teaches, it appears that the two are equally accepting of the other:

The Catechism of the Catholic Church:
    Part 1, Section 2, Chapter 3, Article 9, Paragraph 3, SubSection 3, Heading 4
    841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims: "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

... however, so many other statements condemning of Christians in the Qur'an make me wonder...

I ask in complete sincerety, prompted by the recent discussions of Islam...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2006, 12:48 PM
    Maybe the problem is not the books themselves but the people that read the books! Oopps! Sorry Rick I'm not a moslem.:cool: :eek:
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Mar 21, 2007, 08:07 PM
    That is not the only place in the Quo'ran that says that anyone who submits themselves to the will of God is a muslim. Yes the problem is the people reading the book I think they like to leave parts of it out.
    aghamajid Posts: 14, Reputation: -4
    -

Mar 25, 2007, 03:40 AM
    Every one,quran says about black and white that,every one is equall,nobuddy is greater than any one,every one is equal,n thing you asked about tat cow,muslims don't believe that cow is thir god or anything,muslim only believe in one god and that is ALLAH,I'm a muslim and I know it,ALLAH says in the quran that every one who will do good deeds in this world they will have their reward in the end,n they should not fear any punishment(if there are not sinners).

Mar 25, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aghamajid
    every one,quran says about black and white that,every one is equall,nobuddy is greater than any one,every one is equal,n thing u asked about tat cow,muslims dont believe that cow is thir god or anything,muslim only believe in one god and that is ALLAH,i m a muslim and i know it,ALLAH says in the quran that every one who will do good deeds in this world they will have their reward in the end,n they should not fear any punishment(if there are not sinners).
    The cow is name of chapter 2 in english or Al-Baqarah question was not about "a cow"
    -

Mar 26, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Oh I'm sorry,I miss understood u,itz entirely my mistake.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 03:03 AM
    oh i m sorry,i miss understood u,itz entirely my mistake.
    No problem. I was just pointing out that the above passage seems to be saying that Christians will "have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them", yet I know of many Muslims who call Christians "infidels".

... so I was looking for Muslims to expand on what 2.62 means to them.
    -

Mar 26, 2007, 03:09 AM
    Well I haven't heard any thing which you are explaiing
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 03:45 AM
    That is encouraging! So you are taught that Christians go to heaven along with Muslims?

Mar 26, 2007, 04:52 AM
    The teachings say that a Muslim is a person who submits themselves to the will of God and from the way it is stated in the Suras that includes Jews and Christians.
    Hope that helps.
    -

Mar 26, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Well I will confirm it by a good scholar.but if your so confusing,so whydont you convert into a muslim(just a opinion),the choice is totally yours.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 05:56 AM
    I am firmly Christian. I was asking only because I know of Muslims who say that only Muslims go to heaven... so I was wondering why they are taught that since the Qu'ran teaches otherwise.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Good lord I really wanted that question answered! Oh Mr. Aghamajihad, please come back and enlighten me. I'm not an infidel, I believe in one GOD. He just has three aspects. Will I still get to go to heaven?

Mar 28, 2007, 07:35 PM
    magprob the Quo'ran speaks on this issue keep going in chapter 2 starting at verse 135 or 134 if I remember right.
    The Quo'ran covers this in many suras give a few days to look up all of them and I may have a answer that covers it better.
    -

Mar 29, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Hey I got your answers,listen a infidels is a person who does infides,right,so de thin is iif we realte any one with allah(de one and de only god)its a infide,n I think that christian believe that jesus christ is de son of allah,that's a infide,n itz in quran and in hadiths that one who does infides can't go to heaven,thatz de whole story.n de thing I was telling of conversion,well it was just opinion de decision is totally yours,n I don't have any righht to say you anything.

Mar 30, 2007, 09:18 AM
    hey i got ur answers,listen a infidels is a person who does infides,right,so de thin is iif we realte any one wid allah(de one n de only god)its a infide,n i think that christian believe that jesus christ is de son of allah,thats a infide,n itz in quran n in hadiths that one who does infides can't goto heaven,thatz de whole story.n de thing i was tellin of conversion,well it was just opinion de decision is totally yours,n i dont have any righht to say u anything.
    There is only one God there are Christian religions that believe the way that the followers of Islam do that Jesus was a prophet of God and that being the "son" was in spirit.

The Quo'ran says that anyone who follows Allah (God) and the words of his prophets is going to heaven so saying all Jews or all Christians are not would be false.

Religion is a private matter between God and you not God a priest or rabbi and you the problem is when folks starting following some man and not God.
    -

Mar 31, 2007, 12:01 AM
    Listen,jesus christ was not de son of ALLAH,he was a prophet and a human being only,n there were four books from ALLAH,Quran was the lst of them, and listen you can go to any islamic scholar,hell tell u there de previous 3 books were altered by de man,but quran is not altered yet and Quran is de complete guide to live a happy and peaceful life.if we believe in prophet muhammad and then we should believe in hadiths too,and it is necessary to believe in hadiths,and the things which I told you is in hadiths and is in quran.

Mar 31, 2007, 03:08 AM
    aghamajid going back to the question that started this thread on sura 2 verse 62 it says very clearly that those who follow Allah and do good (follow the will of God) will have there reward.
    As for the islamic scholars these are part of the problem same as the christian scholars are. This is part of what I was saying when I said follow God not man.
    As for Jesus being son of God we are all childern of God and maybe I am not explaining it well. There might be a language barrier that I am not crossing.
    fitnahpolice Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Apr 19, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Dear RickJ:

Your sincere question is a sign that you are in the quest for truth and will be accepting of it when it is presented to you. May God bless your pure intentions and guide us all to the straight path.

Before I answer, let me clarify a few points: Islam is a verb and literally means submitting to the will of God in peace. This is unlike most of the major religions that are named after a person or place, e.g. Judah-Judaism, Christ-Christianity, Buddha-Buddhism, Indus Valley-Hinduism, etc. So Islam is an active verb and the one who submits is a doer of Islam or an Islamer. In Arabic there is a prefix 'mu' like the suffix 'er' in English. So a Mu-islam or Muslim is one who submits his/her will to the will of his Lord. All the Prophets sent by God to guide humanity from the time of Adam to Noah to Abraham to Moses to Jesus and Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all) were muslims in the true sense because they devoted their lives to the God's mission - to take mankind from darkness to light!

No muslim is a true muslim if he/she does not believe in all the messengers. So believing in Moses and Jesus as Prophets of Allah is an article of the muslim faith.

Here is the correct way to understand verse 2:62 and another similar verse 5:69 in the Holy Qur'an:

Allah, may He be exalted, points out that whoever of the previous nations did well and was obedient, will have a good reward, and this will be the case for everyone who follows the Unlettered Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) until the Hour comes – he will have eternal happiness, and they will not fear what they are going to face, nor will they grieve for what they have left behind.

As far as the Jews are concerning, their faith meant believing in the Tawraat (original Torah) and following the way of Moses (peace be upon him) until Jesus (peace be upon him) came, after which whoever continued to follow the Torah and the way of Moses and did not leave this and follow Jesus, was doomed.

As far as the Christians are concerned, their faith meant believing in the Injeel (original Gospel) and following the laws of Jesus (peace be upon him); whoever did this was a believer whose faith was acceptable to Allah, until Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came, after which whoever did not follow Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and leave the way of Jesus and the Injeel that he had been following before, was doomed.

Another verse of the Qur'an: “And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal 'Imraan 3:85] is a statement that Allah will not accept any way or deed from anyone, after sending His Final Messenger, except those that are in accordance with the laws of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Prior to this, however, anyone who followed the Prophet of his own time was on the Straight Path of salvation. So the Jews were those who followed Moses (peace be upon him) and referred to the Tawraat (Torah) for judgement at that time. When Allah sent Jesus (peace be upon him), the Children of Israel were obliged to follow him and obey him, and so they and others who followed him became Christians. When Allah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as the Final Prophet and a Messenger to all the children of Adam, all of mankind was obliged to believe in him and obey him, and refrain from what he prohibited. Those who did so are the true believers. The ummah (nation) of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are called the believers because of their deep iman (faith) and conviction, and because they believe in all the past Prophets and in the prophesied events that are yet to come.

Hope that was clear. May Allah make us among those who follow His way - those who will not fear the future or grieve for what they leave behind. Ameen.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Sort of clear :o

In short then, Islam teaches that all but Muslims are doomed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a answer please [ 3 Answers ]

I recently inherrited 6 etchings all 4" x 6" of woman wearing different hats maybe Paris or Europe woman . Just from their chest up. The woman look like they are from the 1920's or 30's on the back of each one is a silver seal saying genuine etching , Paris Etching Society the front a c in a...

In Need Of An Answer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Evelyn. I have in my possession a jukebox that may be an interest to a collector but I need to find out info on this jukebox. I have a serial & model numbers.How would I go about obtaining this information? Could you please help me? Thank You, flanjivfur :confused:

I have the answer! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, a little while ago I asked a desperate question about my GSD, Jack. Well I got talking to a dog trainer and she recommended me the electric shock collar. Well Jack has had one on ever since and he is fabulous. I had to use it quite severely at first, he probably got one every hour or so...

I Need An Answer Please! [ 5 Answers ]

I need an answer When ever me and my b/f are together he sometimes checks out other chicks I do sometimes but when he does it I feel insecure like he wants to be with a hotter chick than w/ me and its probably I'm jealous and I hate it because I check out other chicks to and he isn't like...

View more questions Search