Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitnahpolice Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Apr 21, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Just curious, how does the muslims deal with those who have opposing views and will not convert? Can there be peace say with buddist or hindi's?
    Of course muslims can and must co-exist peacefully - be it jews, christians, buddhists or hindus.

There is no compulsion is religion. A muslim may deliver the message of monotheism but it is not up to him/her to guide anyone because guidance to the truth only comes from God.

So yea, Islam does not allow indiscriminate killing... not at all!

"...if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind..." [Qur'an 5:32]

Peace!
    al-mukhleseen Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Apr 22, 2007, 01:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Just curious, how does the muslims deal with those who have opposing views and will not convert? Can there be peace say with buddist or hindi's?
    Peace be upon you

The Freedom of Choice is an in integral concept within Islamic Precepts. As Fitnahpolice quoted quoted, "There is no compulsion in the Deen (Islamic Way of Existence)" (GMQ 2:256) The Glorious and Miraculous Qur'an goes further to elucidate this "non compulsion" by this very rational and logical statement: "Because Truth is made Manifest from Falsehood" (GMQ 2:256).

Din ul Islam is the embodiment of Peace, not only between human beings, but between all creation. Islam advocates the harmonious co-existence between all creation with the exception when attacked. The Glorious and Miraculous Qur'an clearly and unambiguously instructs: "Fight only those who fight you.....and if they incline towards Peace incline you then towards Peace."

Islam is about realising the great potential, ability and capability which is the "Human Being" and enhancing and upholding the Human dignity. Islam informs the Human Being about its nobility and loftiness and sets forth for it examples in the realm of creation around it. Islam is about the Human Character and its perfection and enhancing minuscule Divine Attributes which lurk within it.

Apt to this concept are the following:

"Verily, We created the human being in the best and highest stature. Then We reduce him to the lowest of the low." (GMQ 95:4-5)

"I have been sent only to Perfect human Character." "Imbue yourselves with Divine Attributes." (The Noble and Holy Messenger (pbuhah)

"Do not think of yourself as an insignificant drop of sperm, because you are the words on the pages of the book which unfolds the secrets of the universe." (Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as))

With Peace
    fluid identity Posts: 24, Reputation: -1

Apr 23, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnahpolice
    Welcome fluid identity! Need to appreciate your open-mindedness. Surely God guides those who sincerely seek His way :)

Islam is not hard on Christianity as it considers the Jews and Christians as people of the book (scripture) and muslims are allowed to eat their slaughtered meat and marry their women. But Islam is surely critical of the innovations introduced by the Christians after Jesus (peace be upon him). And if introducing partners to the divinity of the One God is not blasphemy, what is?!
    Just to clear up some misconceptions maybe , I actually agree with you & believe in the prophets ( Jesus & Mohammed) but that the romans misguided the path of chritianityy with nescian conference into the trinitarian belief system ( though once the prophet Muhammed came it was all obselete anyway)

I also do believe it is a blasphemy for Isa to be considered god but in no way cast aspersions as to his character or his message.
    fluid identity Posts: 24, Reputation: -1

Apr 23, 2007, 10:16 AM
    al-mukhleseen

I think that Islam has had some very bad speakers representing it in the media recently so I appreciate some one such as yourself who calmly particpates in discourse. Islam needs its scholars!
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Apr 23, 2007, 03:03 PM
    The problem is that the "media" seems to like discord I sometimes think it picks the most radical views it can find and says this is mainstream Islam.

There are many places on the web and in newspapers around the world where al-mukhleseen would fit right in. His grasp of english is a lot better than mine.
    aghamajid Posts: 14, Reputation: -4
    -

Apr 24, 2007, 04:03 AM
    al-mukhleseen are you arabian,where are you from,I would like to know,as I am a muslim too,I would like to chat with you

Apr 24, 2007, 04:18 AM
    Peace be upon all,
    A hearty and humble thanks to "fluid identity & carbonite" for their kind words. Much appreciated.

Our manners, as well as basis for discussion stems from the Glorious and Miraculous Qur'an, which instructs: "Invite to the Way of your LORD with wisdom and beautiful words, and discuss in a dialectic manner." (GMQ 16:125). If you note, the Practice of the Most Noble and Holy Messenger of ALLAH, Muhammad (pbuhah), was to invite people to the reality of ALLAH (Glorified be HE) through reason, logic and experience. For fifteen years (thriteen in the Sanctified City of Makkah and two in the Holy City of Madinah), his (pbuhah) mission was to inform people of the Unity of ALLAH (Gbh), the Unity of Humanity and the Unity of Creation, and this too, under trying and difficult circumstances like verbal and physical abuse, economic boycott and torture. In all this while, never did he (pbuhah) advocate any form of violence against the perpetrators of these actions.

It was in the Holy city of Madinah, two years after migration, that Muslims were permitted to defend themselves against those who wished to destroy their new found freedom and annihilate them. The operative words here are: "to defend themselves", like the right of any country or nation to defend itself and its borders against invasion or hostile aggression, as the Glorious and Miraculous Qur'an directs towards this sort of preparation: "And prepare against them all you can of power and weapons of war, at your borders to dismay thereby the enemy of ALLAH and your enemy...."(GMQ 08:60).

We reiterate, Islam is about logic and reason and presenting irrefutable proof as the following from the Glorious and Miraculous Qur'an demonstrates: "Have you not considered him (Nimrod) who disputed with Ibrahim (Abraham) about ALLAH, because ALLAH had given him the kingdom? When Ibrahim said (to him): 'My ALLAH is He who gives life and causes death.' He (Nimrod) said: 'I give life and cause death.' Ibrahim said: 'Verily! ALLAH causes the sun to rise from the east; then cause it you to rise from the west.' So he (Nimrod) was utterly defeated. (GMQ 2:258). Nimrod, being a King thought of life and death in his limited underdstanding of granting freedom and putting to death those whom he commanded. Ibrahim (pbuh) having understood this limited understanding, poses a question which has to appeal to his logic, reason and experience.

We hope that this at least partially elucidates the intellectual nature of Islam, because "Faith" is an intellectual concept and not an emotional one.

With Peace
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 04:48 AM
    You express yourself well and have answered many questions, I'm glad you shared, and brought us knowledge.

Apr 24, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Salaams aghamajid,
    No I am not Arabian, I am from a beautiful country called South Africa and am an African of Asian descent.

You are welcome to chat at anytime.

Was Salaam,

Apr 24, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Salaam aliekum al-mukhleseen
    Its been a long time from the last time I was in South Africa it was very beautiful when I was there in 1963.

Stay in peace (wish I could remember how the Zulu's said this)
    joshua19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    No problem. I was just pointing out that the above passage seems to be saying that Christians will "have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them", yet I know of many Muslims who call Christians "infidels".

...so I was looking for Muslims to expand on what 2.62 means to them.

No disrespect intended but many christians consider muslims Infidels as well.

Jul 20, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua19
    No disrespect intended but many christians consider muslims Infidels as well.
    That is what the problem is Jews Christians and Islam all come from Abraham and like most things in this world you just can't get folks to get along.
    gxnxsis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Rick:

I didn't read all the answers but I could tell that Aghamajid, although a nice guy, was taking the discussion to nowhere! Don't know about the rest! Your question was very smart and I'm honored to happen to know the answer.

I was born, went to elementary and middle school in Iran, then immigrated to the U.S. I was born a Muslim but am an Atheist. I respect to all religions and all religious people, of course.

Unlike the Bible which was written years after the crucification of Jesus, Quran was being written during the life of Muhammad, so it reports the events of the day. There are few events in which muslims were engaged in tribal fights with one or two jewish tribes back then. I don't want to go into the historical details.. There is absolutely nothing against Christians and Jews and whoever worships God, in Qoran! Allah is just the Arabic word for God!! Jihad, means going to war to defend!!

What you hear in media today is basically not true about that religion and that region of the world! I don't really understand why the media preaches so much hate between everybody these days. Probably some money somewhere goes into someones pocket!!

Between Palestine and Israel: It's got nothing to do with religion! Palestinians are just trying to take back some of their land and, although I believe violence is always the wrong approach, these guys blow themselves up simply because they don't have helicopters like Israel does!!

Or Al-Qaedeh: Most muslims don't consider them muslim at all! I know, for a fact, that you won't be able to find a muslim in Iran that doesn't disgust groups like Al-Qaedeh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a answer please [ 3 Answers ]

I recently inherrited 6 etchings all 4" x 6" of woman wearing different hats maybe Paris or Europe woman . Just from their chest up. The woman look like they are from the 1920's or 30's on the back of each one is a silver seal saying genuine etching , Paris Etching Society the front a c in a...

In Need Of An Answer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Evelyn. I have in my possession a jukebox that may be an interest to a collector but I need to find out info on this jukebox. I have a serial & model numbers.How would I go about obtaining this information? Could you please help me? Thank You, flanjivfur :confused:

I have the answer! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, a little while ago I asked a desperate question about my GSD, Jack. Well I got talking to a dog trainer and she recommended me the electric shock collar. Well Jack has had one on ever since and he is fabulous. I had to use it quite severely at first, he probably got one every hour or so...

I Need An Answer Please! [ 5 Answers ]

I need an answer When ever me and my b/f are together he sometimes checks out other chicks I do sometimes but when he does it I feel insecure like he wants to be with a hotter chick than w/ me and its probably I'm jealous and I hate it because I check out other chicks to and he isn't like...

View more questions Search