Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Is it a coincidence
    Hi
    Until 3 months ago I was pregnant with twins but I miscarried them both. I know from 7 weeks it was twins don't know how but I did. Then I had a dream that I would lose them at 12 weeks. I lost the first one at 11 weeks and the 2nd at 11 and a half weeks. It has confused me as the dream was so vivid and I don't know if I knew it was happening or if it was a warning some how. I know it won't help me to get over this but would like to make sense of that dream
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Sometimes dreams can be very real and warn you.
    Sometimes they can just be what they are because you fear so much that it carries into your dreams.
    It sounds like the dreams were warning you.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Most dreams can be put down to worry and stress, or just an overactive day. I don't honestly believe there is a connection here. I think you dreamed something about your pregnancy and on waking you made the connection. That doesn't mean that was exactly what you dreamed. We are not doing anything wrong, it is quite simply our subconscious filling in the blanks. I'm sorry for your loss.
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Aug 24, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    Most dreams can be put down to worry and stress, or just an overactive day. I don’t honestly believe there is a connection here. I think you dreamed something about your pregnancy and on waking you made the connection. That doesn’t mean that was exactly what you dreamed. We are not doing anything wrong, it is quite simply our subconscious filling in the blanks. I’m sorry for your loss.

Thanks, am a little confused about the connection you mentioned. I had the dream before the miscarriage and mentioned it to my partner the next morning as he saw something was bothering me
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 09:03 AM
    As an expectant mother you would have been anxious anyway and therefore dreamed of the worst possible scenario. I don't see any connection. It was very unfortunate but it was coincidence. If we are unhappy with answers our conscious mind tries to come up with something that might help and it doesn't care whether it is true or not. It's up to us to be our own keeper at the gate and continue to think clearly and positively. The mind enjoys playing tricks on us.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 30, 2008, 09:31 AM
    So sorry for your loss, A-K. There are quite a number of postings on this site from pregnant women who suddenly discover that their psychic/intuitive radar is highly attuned. A lot of women continue to have it afterwards. My mom always called it "mother's intuition." She always knew when I was up to something.

So, yes, your intuitive sense, that does become more active during pregancy, let you know you were carrying twins, and gave you a premonition of losing them. It's not your fault. Nothing you could have done. Although it came under very tragic circumstances, this event has opened a door for you. If you choose, you can go through it, and continue to develop this ability. Next time, it might happen in a way that allows you to use the knowledge you are given for your benefit, possibly to save yourself or ones you love. Maybe through this loss, you will be able to avoid a different loss, like a car accident, in the future. If you get pregnant again, don't be surprised if you have dreams about the twins who passed on. If you do, that's a good thing. If you don't, don't worry, it just means neither you nor they needed that dream to happen.

Blessings to you, your partner, and the rest of your two families.

Alder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coincidence - or Karma? [ 6 Answers ]

Quickie: My sister-in-law died mysteriously at the home of her ex-husband in Texas in 2001. Her ex-husband died mysteriously in the same home in 2004. There were several things reported to us by a friend of our former in-law that make us feel that Luanne may have taken revenge for her death...

Strange coincidence? [ 18 Answers ]

Okay, I'm not sure if this is supernatural or not, but... it certainly is a strange coincidence, and I'm interested to hear what people on this board think. At the cemetery near my home, there is a double grave of 2 baby sisters. The first sister died on August 10, 1910, at the age of 2 years....

Just a coincidence? [ 13 Answers ]

I wrote before about how I lost my virginity on Saturday. Well I haven't talked to this guy since we last saw each other on Sunday morning when I went home. Well today I saw him when I was with my friends and he was afraid before that I would get in trouble for staying the night at his house. So...

Coincidence.. Or? [ 4 Answers ]

I was chatting to a lady whose son goes to kindy with my boy. 1. Her son was born in February - so was mine. 2. He is having difficulty with his speech, so is mine. 3. She had PND/psychosis - so did I. 4. She has a girl and a boy, so do I. 5. My sister died suddenly aged 17...

View more questions Search