Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyrcha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Background check prior to new job.
    Are there any reputable sites that allow someone to check their own background?? What do most corporations do for background checks?? FBI,Local,?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 02:25 PM
    It is usually just a police background check. You go into your local police department and pay a nominal fee and they check to see if you hve prior convictions. It is a check to see if you are bondable.

If there were reputable sites then none of this would be worthwhile. Why would they make it that easy ?
    tyrcha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Tickle:
    Thanks for the prompt response

I had a felony conviction back in 02. I received a first time offender pardon for that. Then in 05 I was arrested but all charges were dismissed by the DA. I went to the PD and got a copy of my criminal record and the dismissed charges were showing but the felony wasn't . Why? Is the pardon responsible or is because I didn't request the background check in the same parish/county that the felony occurred in?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrcha
    Are there any reputable sites that allow someone to check their own background??? What do most corporations do for background checks??? FBI,Local,???

Corporations very often hire out - I do backgrounds checks for companies. Depends on the job - some are very surface checks, some are very thorough.

I would suggest your State Police, not the locals. Some depends on the State you are in, some depends on how up-to-date the computers are.

You can always hire someone to do your check but it gets pricey.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Convictions show up national, so it does not matter where you do the report at.

If it was cleared in a first offender program it should not show up at all.
    kings_county Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Fr-chuck had posted the name of a pretty good free site. Which was that again? It showed my background pretty accurately. It is on one of his previous posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background check [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am natalija. Have a record of shoplifting and received provincial offence notice, and I plead guilty and paid the 500 Dollars, but should not appear in the court. Now I got a job offer from the private company but according to them ( a private and a very company) "once you have...

Background check [ 3 Answers ]

When a background check is done by an employer prior to hiring, what shows up? Crimes committed in only that state, or every state? Thanks!

Background Check? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I have a theft charge. I got defered ajudification if that's how you spell it well that means I never get convicted charged and it will only say pending for a year then dismissed for two years then completely gone after 3 years. But I Want a job and I am not sure what will come up when they...

Background check [ 3 Answers ]

I am curious can you pass a background check, if you are under 18?

Background check [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested for theft of items that came to a total of $210. It was a misdomenor (sp) I went to my first court date and the judge entered a plea of not guilty for me, I go back to court next week. My question is, I am starting a new job and they will be running a background check, will this show...

View more questions Search