Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robert behnke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 07:43 AM
    Regripping the golf club at the top of the swing
    To whom it may concern, I am a 7 handicap and I have been having problems regriping the club at the top of my back swing. Is there any drills or things I can practice to stop this habit?

Thanks

Bob
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 07:47 AM
    This is a "drill for skill" issue. Generally speaking, the right grip before the swing feels odd at the top of the swing.

... so be sure your grip is right to start with and swing swing swing, forcing yourself to keep those hands just like they are.
    nev lucas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 01:01 PM
    We all suffer slightly from this problem, usually the more skilled i.e. lower handiappers. One good way is to use the pressure points in the grip , this is the little finger on the left hand and the ball of the thumb on the right, the feeling at first is to grip too tight forcing the ball to keep in contact with the top of the left thumb this in turn can turn the club over at the bottom. So general rule grip the club light, maintain the feeling of contact with the thumb top (left hand ) and ball of thumb (right hand), this will also put you on plane in the backswing, that is at the 9.00 position the grip of the club should be pointing at the ball. Good luck swing slow.

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regripping clubs [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use any kind of double sided tape to regrip a club? Thanks

Java Swing Problem [ 2 Answers ]

A JComboBox has constructors that can take a Vector or a ComboBoxModel. When I pass a DefaultComboBoxModel to it, and change the contents of the DefaultComboBoxModel, the drop-down list changes as expected. No problem. However, if I pass a Vector to it and change the contents of the...

Golf swing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi experts, I'm a lady golfer with a 15 handicap. I always make it a point to be aware of my right elbow on the take away. But what I'd like to know is how high up and how close to the body by right elbow should be on the backswing. Thanks for any information.

Jules Pfeiffer-the tire swing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Jules Pfeiffer cartoon depicting the demise of an idea for a tire swing as it moved from what the customer wanted through various departments such as research, design, engineering, marketing until it went into production and came out looking nothing like the original concept. ...

View more questions Search