Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahmedt92 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Rays used by Solar cell
    What does the solar cell use from the sun to produce energy? (what kind of ray?)
    ahmedt92 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Please also (what quantity of this ray used to generate electricity from the solar cell?)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 03:37 AM
    This should explain a lot:

Spectral Curves

Each material (Silicon, Copper Indium Diselinide, Galium Arsenide) has it's own characteristic spectral response.

The solar spectrum that is used to measure solar cells is AM 1.5 global at 25 deg C.
    AM = Air Mass; AM 0 is with no atmosphere.

You can actually calculate the short circuit current of a solar cell by knowing the am 1.5 spectra and the spectral response of the solar cell by numerical integration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar cell & photo cell [ 6 Answers ]

What is the different between solar cell & photo cell ( photo electric effect exp... ) ?

X-rays and pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am beginning to wonder if I may be pregnant, although the HPT said negative yesterday. On the 26th of Dec I was hospitalized and needed two x-rays of my lungs. I am wondering if anyone knows the effects or possible damages that can be done by having an x-ray if a woman is pregnant as early...

What happen to the rays [ 2 Answers ]

What happen to the direction of the single ray that passes the center of the concave lense. And What happen to the direction of the single ray that passes the center of the convex lense. ... I think through the convex it will go in straight line and will meet with other rays on the...

View more questions Search