Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    designgirl6021 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Kenmore Elite Washer Calypso flashes several error codes and won't work
    Kenmore Elite Washer with Calypso. We have one that is about 4 or 5 years old, we are the second owners of this home and washer was here. Yesterday it stopped mid cycle, and the clothes were soaked, so I cleared code which I did not notice and started it again, same thing happened with-in a minute but "Ld" code came up then I moved the drain hose around and it made it through the complete cycle. Today it isn't working again only and error code "SL" came on so I did what manual said and it worked for a minute then the error code "ob" came on so I opened the lid shuffled the clothes around and it was a very small load that this should not have happened; it made it through the rest of the cycle. I then tried to run an empty load to see what happens but cannot because "ob" keeps coming on and stopping the machine even with nothing in it.
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 12:09 PM
    It sonds like your control panal is gooing out this is a common problem with these washers
    designgirl6021 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meagank
    it sonds like your control panal is gooing out this is a common problem with these washers
    Thanks for the answer, is this an expensive fix, like should we just buy a new washer
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 02:50 PM
    I work for a company that makes and sels apliances I can't disclose the name of the company for privacey reason but yes they can be they range from 500.00 and up I use to work in truble shoooting and repair sulations and right now I work in parts and we have lots of people calling in all the time to order this part and most do not buy them as they are so expensise and hard to replace if you do decide to order this yourself you will more or less likeley need a tec to put it in and if you order it also you will void all warenty on your machine if there is any left and if they send you a bad board you have lost your money but now if a tec comes out looks at it and orders it and you are sent a bad bord then it would be coverd and could get another one now for the cost of a tec to come is is usuley
    70.00 and up depending onn your area + labor and part now if this is 5 years old there may still be a warenty on it to cover the control panal and it might also go beoynd the 5 years it will tell you wt your warenty is in your manual and then you would be responsible for the trip charge and labor onley if you call the company and give them your model and seral number the can tell you how old it is by the seral number and let you know wt kind of warenty if any you have left on this and if there was a extended warenty at anytime that someone else bought for this they would also have that info and if they did buy a extended warenty then you could still use it if it is not expired I know this got long and long and lengethy sorry but hope this answerd your questions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Washer error codes [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite front load washer/dryer that are stacked. The washer goes through the sequence of steps to wash a load of clothes, but when it gets to the spin cycle, it begins to beep and alert and blinks HF on the screen. If I try to cancel and start it again, you can hear water begin to...

Kenmore Elite Washer Error Codes [ 2 Answers ]

What does error code OL mean on a Kenmore Elite Washer?

Kenmore Elite Calypso Washer Codes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Calypso washer and for the most part have been relatively happy with it. For the last couple of days the code "C1" pops up, would you please tell me what this code means? Thanks.:confused:

Kenmore Elite Calypso washer error code [ 1 Answers ]

I have the Kenmore washer throwing the error code 5d. Does anyone know what that means?

Washer Kenmore Elite Catalyst 110.20092993 F3 F4 error codes [ 1 Answers ]

The washer won't work, just display these error codes but I don't know whar what that means

View more questions Search