Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kekebrown Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Aug 23, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Stockholders' rights
    The stockholders' rights to the assets rank ahead of the creditors' rights to the assets.

True/False
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Hello keke:

Is this homework?? We don't do homework. But, if you tell me what you think and why, I'll tell you if you're right. If you're wrong, I'll give you the right answer. But, you're going to have to do some work yourself.

Besides, I'm not going to be around when you're a businessperson who needs to know the answers.

excon
    kekebrown Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Aug 23, 2008, 10:55 AM
    True, Stockholders own it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Hello again, keke:

Nope. Stockholders own the company, but they can't stiff the creditors. The owners are entitled to their shair of the assets after all the creditors (which includes employees) have been paid.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stockholders equity [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem in my homework that I cannot for the life of me figure out. It gives me the beginning and end of the year liabilities and assets and gives me four different situations and I have to determine the net income or loss. My question is, if it gives me both values for assets and...

Stockholders equity [ 2 Answers ]

How do you journalize a statement when a person declares the required cash dividend on the preferred stock and a $1.15 dividend on the common stock?

Stockholders' equity [ 3 Answers ]

If a particular company has retained earnings of 12,000, total assets totaling 38,000 and total liabilities of 20,000. How much is total stockholders' equity?

Ratio of stockholders [ 1 Answers ]

My question; The liabilities of a company at the end of the year are 700,000, and the total stockholders' equity at the end of the year is 1,400,000. The ratio of liabilities to stockholders' equity is ___________. Thank you if you can help me on my question.

Rate earned on total assets, stockholders' equity, common stockholders' [ 1 Answers ]

From the following data determine for the current year the a rate earned on total assets, b. rate earned on stockholders' equity, c. rate earned on common stockholders' equity, d. earnings per share on common stock, e. price-earnings ratio on common stock and f dividend yield on common stock....

View more questions Search