Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Low or limited connectivity with router
    Hello, I have a wired Linksys router (BEFSR41 version 4.3) and after disabling my local area connection yesterday for about a second (I was testing something) my computer seemed to not be connecting to my router. If I just plug in my PC to my modem everything works fine. Although if I hook up and set up my router than the local area connection is always "low or limited". The confusing thing is that my router is detecting my computer and the number of packets being sent and received in the local area connecting status would be the same as before when my computer is hooked up to my modem. What should I do?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 23, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Make sure your network card is enabled and set for DHCP. Power down the PC. Recycle the power on your cable modem. Power off your router and wait for the cable modem to start back up and make a connection. Then power your router back on. Wait a minute and power the PC back on.

This will help clean up the MAC address table in the router and reset the DHCP connection on your PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limited or no connectivity on laptop [ 7 Answers ]

I recently have gotten high speed comcast internet in my home and it works great on my home computer, but when I try to hook it up (by taking the ethernet cord out of my comp and plugging it into my laptop) to my laptop (Dell latitude d600), an error message pops up saying that there is limited or...

Limited or no connectivity [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I have a desk top computer and a wireless laptop. I have set up the router which is all set up fine, desktop working fine but now wireless is saying limited or no connectivity. I have taken off firewall and tried repair which now says problem renewing your ip address. I have also set laptop...

Limited or no connectivity [ 1 Answers ]

One day internet (cable modem) works fine, next get this message in tray. Have two computers with router, other computer internet OK, changed ports as well as connecting directly to modem, still nothing. Renew IP does not work with similar reason. Please what next?

Limited or no connectivity [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I'm in dire need of help! Just yesterday I was on the internet on my laptop when all of a sudden I a message appeared saying I had limited or no connectivity although I was still had full excellent signal. The problem is not with my router or service provider as my flatmates are still able to...

View more questions Search