Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Living_Dead_Girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2003, 05:49 PM
    Problem with proxy server & ports
    Hi there

I have been using the Analog X proxy server to access the internet across my network as I had a system crash with Windows XP which has blanked the screen which should show my internet sharing and network settings, unregistered files and deleted DLL files, and it is the only way to get internet sharing to work.

However, I was recently contacted by my ISP as the ports 6588 and 1080 which are the two I use for my internet access are open and are being used by spammers to send junk mail.
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2003, 05:32 AM
    Problem with proxy server & ports
    Are you on a DSL or cable internet connection? If you are networked (I'm assuming this is a home network), why don't you just use a router? Also, a good firewall should NOT be letting anything through... unless you're using a freeware version which isn't as configurable as a paid version.

It's helpful if you give complete specifics about your system/PC, as fixes are NOT the same for all setups.

Thanks,

Rose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win server 2003: unique problem [ 6 Answers ]

One morning, I cannot log on to the domain. All clients cannot logon. Netlogon is not working so I cannot use mapped drives. I cannot run tool like DCdiag. Event viewer - Event ID 13516 - FRS (File replication service) is no longer preventing the computer... from becoming a domain controller. ...

Internet sharing - analog x proxy problem [ 1 Answers ]

hi, I'm having difficulty sharing Internet connection to my other PC using analog x proxy software. My type of internet connection is dial-up. I have 2 PCs at home. Computer A has pentium 4 cpu, winxp sp2 installed, hard disk partitioned in ntfs while computer b has a pentium celeron cpu,...

DHCP Server problem! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all the Experts, I have a DCHP Windows 2000 server with 2 NIC... one is connected to the DSL modem, the 2nd one is connected to the HUB. Of course I have a Verizon online DSL with A Dynamic IP address and share it with 3 windows 98 clients via a HUB. My problem is my DHCP server assign an...

Proxy Server at Boarding School [ 19 Answers ]

K I go to a boarding school which has a proxy server It has surf control, doesn't allow MSN or any Music Downloader And it also won't let me play my Online game(Star Wars Galaxies) What can I do to get around this and be able to do these thing? Please reply or e-mail me...

Email/server problem [ 7 Answers ]

I am having trouble getting all my email off the server. The chain: This PC with Mandrake 10 OS, NS 4.8, a hardwired ether net Belkin 4 port Cable/DSL Gateway Router, a Motorola SB4100 cable modem, Bright House cable, Road Runner, pop-server.xxxxxxxxxx.rr.com. I have NS set to check for email...

View more questions Search